No power to ECU

CJKIII

No power to ECU

Post by CJKIII »

So I purchased K-tuned about a month back, sent in my ecu to have it chipped.
When my ecu arrived it would not upload any tunes, but would connect to my car. Sent ecu back next day
When Ktuner got my ECU back for the second time they had informed me that they made a small soldering error. (Ktuner foxes the issue and sent ecu back same day)
Ecu arrived for the 2nd time to me and now it won’t connect to my car at all, LED’s on chip aren’t even lighting up. I inform them about the problem and I send it back in the next day.
Ktuner gets ecu back and tells me it works fine for them & they will test it on a few cars before they send it back.
(Video was never sent)
Ecu arrives for the third time today.(same issue when I sent it back the last time)
I have a friend in his 05 type-s try out the ecu and he informs me that it doesn’t start his car and the LEDs won’t even come on unless he connects it to his laptop.
I inform the Ktuner seller about the issues and he now claims I’m trying to “scam” him.
It’s been 4 weeks and I still don’t have a working ECU is there anything I’m doing wrong here?
Why would the ECU act totally dead for me and my friend but “work” for the guy at ktuner?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: No power to ECU

Post by KTuner »

There seems to be a lot of confusion in your post. K-Tuned is not KTuner. KTuner Seller (We don't sell direct). If you're trying to diagnose one of our units we're happy to help - contact support directly.

An 05-06 ECU used with our system would power on in an 05-06 chassis/harness setup unless the ECU has some other issue, so it's likely not 05-06. Be sure to include his factory ECU number for verification.

Reach out to support with some better information, seller's contact info, and any correspondence. We'll help any way we can. Info@KTuner.com

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”