lambda overlay

myblackhatch

lambda overlay

Post by myblackhatch »

I have tried a bunch of different settings but I cannot seem to get ktuner to show anything in the overlay tables.

Does anything special need to be checked. Turned off or on? Won't show results if you doing something specific? Anything like that?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: lambda overlay

Post by KTuner »

You have settings for when those are recorded in preferences. They'll be in the list as the map traces when they meet criteria.
myblackhatch

Post by myblackhatch »

Is there anything that would stop it from doing the trace? I have setup the overlay and changed it around a few times and I can never get vaules to show up. Tuned closed loop on and off. Etc. I am trying to get my part throttle down and having this table work would be great.

Could you elaborate on the criteria.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can always see map trace on the fuel maps. Putting fuel maps into lambda mode with preference settings that are being met will overlay values. See your settings and verify they're being met.
myblackhatch

Post by myblackhatch »

KTuner wrote:You can always see map trace on the fuel maps. Putting fuel maps into lambda mode with preference settings that are being met will overlay values. See your settings and verify they're being met.
Yea, the map trace works just fine. I just cannot get values to populate on the overlay or the percentage difference. Using an oem Lambda would not effect this would it?

I have the overlay setup.
lambda overlay.png
(45.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I currently have close loop enabled, and WOT based on map only checked.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Take a look at those settings again. I'm sure it will stick out if you understand what min and max mean.
myblackhatch

Post by myblackhatch »

KTuner wrote:Take a look at those settings again. I'm sure it will stick out if you understand what min and max mean.
I am assuming you are referring to Max A/F Ratio in the wideband logging area? If so, Are we talking Max lean? Max Rich? Max Voltage? Max settings I want to run? How am I supposed to know the windband settings in this area matter if I am using a stock lambda sensor and not an aftermarket wideband? Or are you talking about min speed and min speed? Why is there even a section asking for MAX AFR in the first place?

How about you show me in the ktuner manual where it talks about these settings.

I would know these things if they were in the ktuner manual/supporting docs. Which are non existent in Ktuner. The manual you have is filled with one line explanations just like your forum responses. Leaving me to log in here to ask my questions 5 different ways to only get your B.S. responses about min and max.

How about you update your manual if you do not want to answer my questions.

So no. I don't know the different between min and max. So explain again why the values do not show up in my lambda overlay tables.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Wideband Logging (The section you're in) - Max Air/Fuel Ratio (The maximum air/fuel ratio, for Wideband Logging, the section you're in). If the max air/fuel it will log is zero you probably shouldn't be surprised that it's not logging air/fuel above zero. Anything above zero has exceeded the maximum. It's pretty simple logic that does exactly what you tell it to.

Why is there a max air/fuel? Some people don't like it logging 20+ AFR when during deceleration fuel cut, which would then alter the averaged values.

Good luck with your tuning ventures.
cm1872

Post by cm1872 »

Hello there!
I have also one question on this so i wont create another thread and i ll post it here!
Can someone explain to me in the Ktuner Preferences -> Wideband Tab at the lower section "Overlay Lamda Target" what the boxes "Below" and "Until" are?
I mean what is the measurement unit? mbars?
Thank you!!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

mBar, correct.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”