K20A TYPE R I/H/E Reflash

robertrangeljr93

K20A TYPE R I/H/E Reflash

Post by robertrangeljr93 »

Noticed theres only one K20A Type R basemap on the basemap menu which is for a I/H/E set up.
Will be running this on my K20A Type R Swap but was wondering if this was tuned for intentions of running 93 octane or 91 and would this be safe to drive on with just a Intake JDM ITR Factory Exhaust Manifold w/ CAT and a 3 inch exhaust system? All my dyno tuners are out of my area either 2 or so hours either north or south from me. Any insight will be appreciated! :geek:
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K20A TYPE R I/H/E Reflash

Post by KTuner »

If you're not beating on it and it runs you can cruise it to a tuner.
robertrangeljr93

KTuner wrote:If you're not beating on it and it runs you can cruise it to a tuner.

So i now have a race header im going to install it, so next question...

Would it be safer to run the k20z1 I/H/E Reflash or still the k20aType R I/H/E reflash?
is there a major difference between the tunes? Is the K20ATYPE R basemap set for 91 octane or 93? any insight and thoughts help as i wont be able to tune for another 2 or so months.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I cannot say if a tune not designed for the engine will run ok. Stick with the tune you're currently on if it's running well and stay out of it until you get tuned. Or simply add the part before you get tuned instead of now.
robertrangeljr93

KTuner wrote:I cannot say if a tune not designed for the engine will run ok. Stick with the tune you're currently on if it's running well and stay out of it until you get tuned. Or simply add the part before you get tuned instead of now.

Well my current set up isnt acceptable. im running a stock 05-06 rsx ecu and i dont trust the stock tune. i have my secondary k tuner ecu in which i want to upload a basemap from the menu of k tuner which there is only one. All im asking is, would it be better to run this k20a type r reflash map you guys have listed over the stock k20z1 ecu im currently running? i just want to know is that basemap for a rsx with a k20a type r swap in it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's a basemap for a K20a, as it's labeled. Chassis has nothing to do with it.

Again, these are basemaps. Choose what fits as a way to get it to a tuner and tuned properly.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”