big mod boys check in

Mdxer

big mod boys check in

Post by Mdxer »

Besides myself and acuratech anyone else out there going hard on their mdx? I know hes bolt ons e85. Ive done a little magic here and there with fooling systems to get past the few options we have on this and am also on corn juice. Anyone pushing anything else serious im surprised there isn't more posts in this section unless they have been removed.

New 22 type S coming soon, anyone else?
acuratech481

Re: big mod boys check in

Post by acuratech481 »

Mdxer wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:16 am Besides myself and acuratech anyone else out there going hard on their mdx? I know hes bolt ons e85. Ive done a little magic here and there with fooling systems to get past the few options we have on this and am also on corn juice. Anyone pushing anything else serious im surprised there isn't more posts in this section unless they have been removed.

New 22 type S coming soon, anyone else?
I plan to supercharge mine this year with a partial Gerzy Bear "kit". Trying to come up with a good work-around for the tuning side of it since we don't have boost tables.

I also did some internal work while I had it apart to fix the oil consumption issue. I've been pushing for more features. So far things that weren't available at 1st were DBW maps and EGR disable. Waiting patiently to see if they're able to add the 6AT improved shift feature for faster shifts. That in conjunction with being full of Redline Racing ATF should be a stout combo!

The '22 MDX Type S looks like it could be fun. I personally miss having a car and am looking to start fast work on the new Integra once the Type S is available!
JDMCRX

Post by JDMCRX »

Did anyone do big mods ?

I’m planning on slapping my ported heads and BC cams and PCD j pipe and few other mods on my 12 MDX .
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

Glad I'm finally not the only one here! That sounds like you'll see some good gains. If you're swapping heads I'd suggest new pistons and rings while you're in there if you haven't gotten yours fixed under the warranty extension for oil consumption.

My mods after engine overhaul:
Intake manifold spacer from a 2006 MDX, lightweight crank pulley, air/oil separator setup with factory PCV removed, ported heads, full exhaust, EGR delete, cams from a 2014 SH-AWD TL along with the necessary valvetrain changes to support VTEC on both intake and exhaust, custom ram air intake, running on E85 (2 years and not a single issue). Never dyno'd it but night and day compared to a stock MDX!

I've been weary about doing aftermarket cams or regrinds because I've read multiple sources that state they will trigger a false misfire and KTuner told me they can't add the option to disable misfire detection. That leaves me with only one other idea which is to do a crank pattern clear and learn with HDS but I didn't wanna be the guinea pig lol.

Return to “07-13 MDX”