Knock Control

the_Real_Rex

Knock Control

Post by the_Real_Rex »

So I have been running my Ktuner on my MDX with the following supporting mods.

RV6 PCD's
RV6 J-Pipe

I have used the tuner to cut the EGR system and the downstream o2 sensors it seems to have brought my Knock Control down from 1.14 to about the .95 range. How would I do the math to help compensate the tune and fuel ratio to help bring the K.Control down to a more suitable .55(Which I do see often at a good flat ground cruising speed)

Secondly I would like to add that my knock sensor sees a knock almost every time the vehicle shifts... is this normal?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock Control

Post by KTuner »

If you pull timing from the main ignition to lower knock control it's the same thing as letting knock control pull the timing for you. See the online help for the calculation using knock control.

Knock control is what to watch. If you see hundreds of knock counts in seconds that may be indicative of an issue.
the_Real_Rex

Post by the_Real_Rex »

I am seeing on average 1 to 2 knocks every shift, maybe even every time I mat it I might see 3-4 in a 4 hour drive I see around 40 to 50 knocks while doing mostly highway driving. I seen how I am supposed to do the math but I am slightly still not sure how to make the right factors.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I mentioned knock control is what to watch. You're still stuck on knock counts for some reason.
the_Real_Rex

Post by the_Real_Rex »

I am looking at my knock control(which used to sit around 1.07) after about 4 days of driving on 94 pump gas, EGR turned off, secondary o2 sensors off, and knock control is sitting at a comfortable .17!!!! Crazy!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That is an excellent KC level for driving and if that's mostly at partial throttle it means there was more room there for the ECU to add ignition back in.
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

Someone else using the EGR disable, nice! That's really good knock control on pump gas.

Mine on 93 was still 0.70-1.xx no matter what. I switched to E85, retuned, KC stays basically buried 0.00 and much more noticeable power! Using virtual dyno from stock to all the things I've done I've gained about 100hp. Worth it IMO!

Would be awesome if more MDX owners got involved so the platform was more developed. We may have a nice feature coming if it's possible, fingers crossed!

I wish I knew more about programming stuff like this, I'd offer help. I only know web development languages.
the_Real_Rex

Post by the_Real_Rex »

You should open a thread about E85 and what is needed to run E85 also if you have any other knowledge on these vehicles this is the place to share it! Knowledge is power, and together there may be more knowledge between all of us!

I was on the highway last night and my KC was at an all time low of 0.04
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That is fantastically low!
acuratech481

Post by acuratech481 »

the_Real_Rex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:35 pm You should open a thread about E85 and what is needed to run E85 also if you have any other knowledge on these vehicles this is the place to share it! Knowledge is power, and together there may be more knowledge between all of us!

I was on the highway last night and my KC was at an all time low of 0.04
I could find some time to do a write up on E85 and the myths about it. There's good info out there already but you have to sift through the BS and find the goods! I have lots of knowledge on these vehicles as I'm a Honda/Acura master technician. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or want help/ideas on what mods you can do that you won't find write-ups on.

Return to “07-13 MDX”