WOT enrichment

9thgenTL

WOT enrichment

Post by 9thgenTL »

2013 ACURA TL SH-AWD 6MT.

Hello
I've only gotten familiar with hondata over the years, but ktuner was the only option for this TL .
My question is, during WOT is the ecu not supposed to follow the WOT enrichment table whether it goes leaner than 14.7 or richer?

I've always put a small lean section for highway cruising as I commute a ton for work, but I can't seem to get this vehicle to follow the A/F tables I've made.
With the hondata I made it always in WOT by lowering the map and tps values near or at 0 to command WOT, then it would follow my A/F tables and do what I wanted it to making it lean for cruising.
So i've done that here too and made the A/F tables- WOT cat heating as well as WOT enrichment- the same and even raised (leaned) the numbers on the target lambda in closed loop settings (assuming it wouldn't even matter and it will follow the WOT tables anyway and not be lean if in CL still, which it isn't), but it never goes into the leaner section, not even sure if it's following the WOT A/F ratios set by myself yet to be honest.

I also don't have the option to click on disabling Closed loop or WOT based on map only, wondering why?

Thanks in advance for any help.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: WOT enrichment

Post by KTuner »

You can see AFR.CMD in the datalogging list to tell whether you're referencing the WOT Enrichment targets or not at any given time. Fuel Stat also depicts the OBD fueling mode being reported by OBD2 so you can see whether it's closed or open loop.
9thgenTL

Post by 9thgenTL »

Is the ECM supposed to follow the WOT enrichment table with no interference if in WOT, and what would cause it not to follow the table, because it's not.
Is there something built in to not go leaner that 14.7?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

On anything newer there is the potential for emissions related background code. You can tell by AFR.CMD when the ECU switches over to follow.
9thgenTL

Post by 9thgenTL »

I do appreciate the help but I still haven't gotten anywhere as an answer for what parameters are needed to be inputted to force the ECM to follow only the WOT enrichment table.
I try these figures in the picture attached, but it doesn't follow what I'm asking it to, also the area circled is unselectable and wondering why?
Thanks again.

The system won't let me upload a photo, so basically I set engagement for WOT at TPS 1%, and disengagement at zero and the map at 100 mbar. And it will not let me select DISABLE CLOSED LOOP.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If an option is greyed out because it isn't available for your platform I'm not sure why you're asking about it, as it's not available for your platform.

See previous responses that cover everything else.
KTuner wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:37 pm On anything newer there is the potential for emissions related background code. You can tell by AFR.CMD when the ECU switches over to follow.
9thgenTL

Post by 9thgenTL »

If I knew greyed out means not available I wouldnt be asking now would I. Maybe I was needing to select something to "ungrey" that area first. I told you it's the first time using ktuner.

I'll take it you don't know why the system won't follow the WOT tables 100% of the time, because my WOT limit settings are set for it to do so 100% of the time and the ecu should be ignoring normal closed clood afr's, unless ktuner simply can't do that.

If I'm missing something that stops it from doing so, that's the answer Im looking for.

You are talking about how to see when it switches by watching AFM.CMD, that's fine, but I'm saying it's not following the table afr's I input when the engine/ECM should be in WOT operation.

If it's an "emissions related background code" as your saying, that would stop it from going leaner, or follow my table, I would assume there is a way to tune that "emissions related background code" out and thus follow the table.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We don't alter any code related to emissions, so if that's why other settings are being ignored until that code is satisfied that won't change.
9thgenTL

Post by 9thgenTL »

Ok....and hypothetically speaking what's needed to alter or ignore the emissions code to make it follow the table?

Return to “09-14 TL Specific”