Hardware not installed properly error when uploading tune

Justin Brauer

Hardware not installed properly error when uploading tune

Post by Justin Brauer »

I am having error Hardware not installed properly, when uploading tune to my TL's ecu.

I tried using my desk top to disable egr and catalyst and then took it to my car and that's the error that will not stop popping up.

I've tried using my laptop to make the changes and then try it and still error. I've Uninstalled the ktuner from my lap top and updated everything and I am still having this error.

I have no idea what this error even means. Only thing I have not done is unlock device from the vehicle. I was afraid I only get to do that 3 times or something so was not trying to waste that.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Hardware not installed properly error when uploading tun

Post by KTuner »

That's not an error of our software or hardware, so if you actually mean a Windows error you may want to try a different USB cable.
Justin Brauer

Post by Justin Brauer »

It is the error that is popping up on my Ktuner end user v2 while I try to upload my tune to the vehicle it is locked to.
Justin Brauer

Post by Justin Brauer »

So sorry the error is

Factory Software Hasn't Been Setup Properly
Please Disconnect/Reconnect To Ktuner.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You cleared tunes or need to load the factory tune again. That message tells you what to do. Before you connect to KTuner you can also clear tunes on the device to ensure everything is clear.
Justin Brauer

Post by Justin Brauer »

I cleared tunes when I edited them. Do you think I need to load the factory tune then try uploading a new file? Maybe because my car has a tune not linked to the ktuner it is showing an error? I'll give it a try real quick. I appreciate the instant replies you guys are fantastic thank you!
Justin Brauer

Post by Justin Brauer »

While loading the factory tune it says Flash Failed and asks to enter revrecovery mode I pressed out and now it is finalizing 100% it says

Flash Failed
Press OK To Continue

And goes to an ongoing loop of that.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It says to connect to KTuner. It doesn't say connect to vehicle. Additionally I mentioned clearing tunes first.

Once you've done that and gone through the setup of the factory tune, then connect to the vehicle.
Justin Brauer

Post by Justin Brauer »

It isn't promoting me to set up a factory or base tune. Is there a way to force setup?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're connecting to the vehicle and it's asking you to recover. That's not at all what I suggested. See previous post for proper directions.

Return to “09-14 TL Specific”