VSA Traction control & TPMS settings?

DriftJuice

VSA Traction control & TPMS settings?

Post by DriftJuice »

Hey, I have a question I couldn't find the answer to here or on acurazine forums,
I have a 2009 Manual SH-awd TL, and just put winter wheels on without tire pressure monitoring sensors in them, so my TPMS light is on everytime I start the car, and because of this, the vehicle does not allow me to disable my traction control with the button on the dash side.

Is the Ktuner able to change any of these issues, by either disabling the TPMS or disabling the traction control?

Seems to be no other options other than that, or buying the sensors for my winter wheels. I'm not opposed to the tuning aspect, so if it can do both that's a win-win.

Thanks,
Juice.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: VSA Traction control & TPMS settings?

Post by KTuner »

The VSA, and TPMS if you have sensors, are separate modules. They have nothing to do with what we do, which is ECU tuning by flashing the ECU module. There's a disable for the ECU errors related to VSA right in the software. Be aware that by killing VSA externally through other means you're also killing ABS.
DriftJuice

Post by DriftJuice »

If the Ktuner im going to use is a V1, version 1.2 without a screen and such, is this device still able of doing it just the same?
I can deal without abs as long as it's easily revertable.

Thank you for your quick response and detail.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The disables section is no different in the software regardless of what version you use to tune with. This is just for the ECU error, not other modules, not the dash.

Return to “09-14 TL Specific”