fuel status 1 issue

Hany

fuel status 1 issue

Post by Hany »

08 TSX AT ECU, forced induction speed density base map (only changed injector size) , when in open loop under heavy load (70%+ TPS ,8psi) and above 3500 rpm it's switching rapidly between fuel status 4 and 1 as shown in log screen shot.

when it switches to fuel stat 1 it reduces duty cycle and increases timing.

I replaced the primary O2 with another OEM one with no change, ECT, TPS, MAP and everything else remains consistent.

what could be causing this?
Hany

Re: fuel status 1 issue

Post by Hany »

my attachment is not showing up for some reason
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I don't have any suggestions, as we don't change anything related to fuel status code, but that base map is a starting point not meant to be under heavy load.
Hany

Post by Hany »

I understand that base map is only a strating point, I do have a tuned map that runs much better and it was doing the same thing, I went back to base map to rule out any tuning mistakes/issues or flashing errors..

I can't seem to attach my log or at least a screenshot.

I appreciate your input on this as I have never seen such behavior before , I only ever see fuel stat 1 for a few seconds after a cold start which is normal.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Try to see if it does the same at a lower pressure.
Hany

Post by Hany »

Lowered the boost to 7 PSI and that seems to cure it but need to do a few more pulls to confirm, looking back at older logs the issue starts as soon as I go over 8 PSI (max boost was 8.4)
any idea what's causing this?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I don't have any suggestions, as we don't change anything related to fuel status code.

Return to “07-08 TSX Specific”