12 TL not able to custom tune v2 touch

Keeledesign

12 TL not able to custom tune v2 touch

Post by Keeledesign »

I’ve a 2012 Acura TL and after the install it’s working and I put the #4 tune for now.
The problem is I can’t access anything under the layout screen to do a custom tune.

The pages are just blank black..
Getting frustrated I’ve reloaded updated everything and still nothing.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 12 TL not able to custom tune v2 touch

Post by KTuner »

If you're talking about the layout on the V2 itself, see the tutorial video as it shows how to set them up.

If you have a tune open in the KTuner software, that's where you'll find all of the settings and tables.
Keeledesign

Post by Keeledesign »

That’s the problem. It only shows options under the layout tab for ignition, some fuel and a few others.

The options under layout when clicked don’t bring anything up and the graph screen just goes black
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's plenty of options in main parameters, and in the table list, for tuning the vehicle completely when a tune is open. What's included for tuning is outlined right on the application page for the vehicle.

The unit will shut off the display if it's not connected to a vehicle. It's saving power.
Keeledesign

Post by Keeledesign »

I’ll make a video,
Your not understanding that it’s not showing anything I can do, except under the layout while trying to tune on the laptop.
Everything other options when clicked just has a blank black screen
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The KTuner software (on the laptop) is the only way to make tuning changes and you must have a tune open. Sounds exactly like what I've described two times now.

See the help for a clear reference and see the V2 tutorial video in the help as well if you're confused on how to setup the device itself. http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/window_items.htm

We don't review videos.
Keeledesign

Post by Keeledesign »

I’ve done that and watched them 15+ times.
I’m very familiar with tuning on dsmlink
With a tune open it will not show any of the parameters
Under layout.
The graph beside it goes black and no sub options pull up.
I know they should work because I’ve watched videos on others tuning my specific car.
It currently has the 4th tune and logs ect, but will not allow for anything other than what the layout button allows to be changed.
You can keep repeating everything I’ve done 15 times, or hopefully listen to what I’m telling u.
Is this a unit issue or a software issue?
I’ve had my computer guy update my windows 10 to have everything this unit recommended.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

With a tune open (by going to File>New Tune) you'll see "New File" at the top of the window and parameters on the left. The layout section, as indicated by the help and the name itself, is for layouts not parameters. If you don't see parameters in the list on the left or "New File" at the top, you don't have a tune open.

If you're talking about graphs, those have zero to do with a tune. Tables can be added and moved without tunes open as well, but the list won't populate until a tune is open. There's a section dedicated to layouts as well, since that's all configurable. It's is the next help item below the one I just linked, so perhaps taking a look around the help would serve you well.

http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/designing_a_layout.htm

There's a help section for general parameters, too. http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/general_parameters.htm

Return to “TL Platform”