KTuner Not Disabling O2 & EGR

Homeboy981

KTuner Not Disabling O2 & EGR

Post by Homeboy981 »

Have a 17 Accord 3.5, KTuner V2 and have made a few improvements: PCDs, J-Pipe, 3.7 Intake, 78mm Throttle Body, OBX CatBack Exhaust.

Started on Base Tune before PCDs, narry a problem. Once I stalled the PCDs and flashed w/ 91+ Octane - Bam! This car made good power. Had a rev hang in 2nd. Rough idle at first while the computer learned. I'm past that. While trying to Disable the EGR & O2 Sensors - I am CHECKING THE BOX and tune says it is correctly applied, but still throwing codes after 50 miles. I get a PO139 & PO159 - "Lazy O2 Sensor" errors and a PO400 - which is EGR. If they are supposed to be tuned out....am I missing something? It does not seem to work, please tell me how I can get past this. Once solved all these improvements combine to make a rocket! At 50 miles I get Emission System Malfunction and a CEL w/ codes.

So, Please, please oh wise KTuner person tell me how I can sort this out. I will be grateful. Ready to start having fun with car....just gotta get past the 50 mile mark. One other note: I found if I ran her a little harder, the 50 miles was reduced to 40 or so.
Homeboy981

Re: KTuner Not Disabling O2 & EGR

Post by Homeboy981 »

After speaking with RV6, they recommend to turn the antifouler IN BY ONE TURN. Based on the Error Code, that would insert the O2 sensor more "in the exhaust stream" and eliminate the CEL.

But if we are able to disable in KTuner, why would it not be working. Happy with the tune, just want to drive more than 50 miles at a time. thx
redxnemesis

Post by redxnemesis »

So...how'd it go? I have same car.
Homeboy981

Post by Homeboy981 »

Got sleeted out. Live in Texas, bad storm, for us.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If a test disable is applied for off-road testing and the tune is successfully flashed that error would no longer appear.
Homeboy981

Post by Homeboy981 »

Yes for testing purposes it is my track car.

I have successfully flashed the tune (several times). I can assure you the box was checked to disable, it did not disable the CEL from coming on.

Thanks in Advance,
Mark
Homeboy981

Post by Homeboy981 »

Got CEL, "Emissions System Malfunction". Threw codes: P0139, P0159, & P0400...again!

Only got 25 miles this time. Had to disconnect battery, wait 5 minutes, re-learn tune.

Please help get me off this Merry-Go-Round!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can clear errors with the unit, so disconnecting the battery is unnecessary.

There are no checkboxes for the error numbers you're citing, if you look, so it'd be impossible for you to have checked them.
Homeboy981

Post by Homeboy981 »

How do you clear the codes? I can tell you what all I have tried, but to help others, how do you "properly" clear the codes. Go to "Tools" > "Error Codes" and press clear or something? What do you do if that does not work?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you have a V2 you do it right on the display in the error section. Key on, engine off.

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”