General 91+ Tune Questions

ElusiveMeatSoda

General 91+ Tune Questions

Post by ElusiveMeatSoda »

Hey KTuner,

First off, awesome product. Ran into a few hiccups with drivers initially, but once I sorted that out, the software is highly functional and the reflash process was dead simple. A few questions about I haven't been able to locate answers to elsewhere:

- My vehicle ('16 Sedan V6) is bone stock apart from the tune. Is the 91+ tune recommended for my vehicle even without the standard bolt-ons (i.e., intake, PCDs, J-pipe, and exhaust) or will I incur efficiency losses? My understanding is this tune is robust enough to handle a FBO setup, but can also be used on stock vehicles.
- Will the 91+ tune advance timing even further when 93 octane is used, or is the same power output be expected for both 91 and 93?
- What kind of data have you been seeing on how fuel economy is effected from the 91+ tune? I would expect it to stay the same or increase a bit by virtue of a higher octane rating (less 1-2 mpg from the VCM disable), but after trying the 91+ tune, my mileage has been pretty bad, especially as the car warms up.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for everything you do!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: General 91+ Tune Questions

Post by KTuner »

Glad you're enjoying!
91+ is always recommended for tunes.
The ECU will adjust for fuel quality.
We don't affect fueling during startup, idle, or cruising. The ECUs operate in closed loop most of the time. Fuel economy is largely based on your foot.
ElusiveMeatSoda

Post by ElusiveMeatSoda »

Awesome, appreciate the quick reply. Definitely not eager to run 93 with gas prices the way they are, but good to know the ECU will compensate for fuels beyond 91. I'll chalk the lower MPG up to my more aggressive DBW settings and no VCM :)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem at all.

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”