Download current flash, disable vcm only?

v2min

Download current flash, disable vcm only?

Post by v2min »

Hi, for a 2015 V6 AT, is it possible to download the existing ECU flash + maps, edit it to only disable VCM (and maybe update the DBW map) and reflash?

My apologies if this is a silly question. I am interested in purchasing the end-user product, and read through the forums that seemed related (and also 9th gen forums on drive Accord.net), but couldn't find this answer definitively..

I did see that there is a flash-to-stock option, but am wondering if that downloads the current ECU code or uses a built-in stock code. I am concerned about built-in stock-code being different from what's actually in the ECU (bought my vehicle recently).

I also saw that there are some basemaps included, but I didn't want to switch to premium fuel, just want to disable VCM and maybe use the updated DBW map.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Download current flash, disable vcm only?

Post by KTuner »

You can choose the factory map as a starting point and alter any settings that are supported.
v2min

Post by v2min »

Hi KTuner, wow, thanks for responding so quickly! Will it download the factory map from my vehicle's ECU or use a built-in one?

Also, since I have your attention, is it possible to have the ECON button control the VCM disable? Or is that a future feature :)

I'm excited about the ability to disable VCM! Am planning to mail-order from PRL Motorsports; they are the closest to me (Western NY).
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem.

The factory map is built-in.

No, the ECON and VCM don't relate that way, but more VCM related settings may be released in the future.
v2min

Post by v2min »

Ah, got it, thanks!

Looking in the online help, the Application Menu Bar has Tuning -> Download Tune. Does it work for the '15 V6 AT? If yes, can I use that downloaded tune as a starting point instead of the built-in factory map?

Thanks for your patience; sorry about the 20 questions!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The factory tune is built into the software. There's no point in downloading a tune that's already available in the software.
v2min

Post by v2min »

True that. I was asking in case Honda might have updated their ECU maps in the more recent runs of their engine line or even during dealer servicing.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We work the latest programming into our updates. It wouldn't matter if they updated you, but you should return to factory before you go in anyway.
v2min

Post by v2min »

Thanks, KTuner, that addressed my concerns! End User Kit arrived yesterday :-)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent!

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”