Is the KTuner tune active when the ECON feature is on?

WhiteOrchid

Is the KTuner tune active when the ECON feature is on?

Post by WhiteOrchid »

This may be a silly question but is the KTuner tune I put in my car active and functioning when the ECON feature is on? The reason I ask is because I included the 2-step setting into the tune I loaded and I noticed that the 2-step does not function when the ECON feature is on. Makes me wonder if the tune itself is in use when ECON is on.
Last edited by WhiteOrchid on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Is the KTuner tune active when the ECON feature is on?

Post by KTuner »

The tune is applied all times. You may have different DBW settings, if you look in the table list.
WhiteOrchid

Post by WhiteOrchid »

Well, the DBW settings are different, that is the big part of ECON to change the DBW mapping. But I was not aware the 2-step setting may need to be turned on in two places (I think that is what you are saying). I will take another look at the overall tune settings.
WhiteOrchid

Post by WhiteOrchid »

Maybe I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be, but help me out here.

When I look at my tune in the software, there is only one place to set the Two-step. When I look at the DBW mapping there is only one version. I don't see a regular version and a ECON version. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. I wish I could post screen prints so you could see what I'm seeing.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's only one setting to change for 2-step, so I really don't understand what you're referring to, but we set all rev limits with those settings so there's not much we can do. Take off ECON if you want to use the 2-step if it's not stopping where you expect with it on, though that makes no sense and we've never heard it before.
WhiteOrchid

Post by WhiteOrchid »

I'll make you a video.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We don't review those. I mentioned your way forward in my previous message.
WhiteOrchid

Post by WhiteOrchid »

Interesting thing happened when I went to make a video. I found that the two-step DID work when in ECON so my original premise and question are rendered invalid. I can only assume when I tried using it in the past in ECON the car must have been moving, if even slightly. The two-step does not engage if the car is moving, even just a little bit.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Oh yes, if moving the 2-step RPM will raise toward the regular rev limit. Makes more sense now.

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”