Considering a J37 upgrade to my 2015 Accord Coupe V6-6

WhiteOrchid

Considering a J37 upgrade to my 2015 Accord Coupe V6-6

Post by WhiteOrchid »

I am considering doing the J37 intake manifold upgrade on my 2015 Accord Coupe V6-6. I guess the first question is, is this intake manifold upgrade worth the cost and effort when doing it on a J35?

My other question which is more pertinent to KTuner is, will the Tune 1 tune be capable of working well with the intake manifold upgrade? I already have a Tune 1 tune in the car, but the only modifications that would matter are an Injen long ram intake and a Magnaflow cat back. (I am also considering a catted ATLP J-pipe upgrade). My point being, if I do the J37 upgrade, will a custom tune be necessary or recommended? About all the additions I've done via the tuner on top of the Tune 1 tune is to mostly remove rev hang and to somewhat remap the pedal to TB ratio. I'm not sure I'd know where to start any tune upgrades if custom tuning would be beneficial with the J37 intake.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Considering a J37 upgrade to my 2015 Accord Coupe V6-6

Post by KTuner »

We'd recommend a custom if you start swapping out components like this. I've heard that some have done it successfully, but as far as I know they're all custom tuned.

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”