2019 Honda Recall ECU flash

JohnSchellenberger

2019 Honda Recall ECU flash

Post by JohnSchellenberger »

It appears that many of us with recent 2013-2017 Honda/Acura 3.5 V6 engines are part of a Honda Recall, NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: 19V-060, where the ECU gets updated by the dealership to raise the voltage on the fuel pump from 10V to around 13V to overcome sodium build-up and stalling. After Honda applied the recall it appears my Ktuner flash was removed, as I cannot download the current ECU settings and my VCM seems to be enabled again. If I re-apply the Ktuner flash, do the Ktuner factory settings put the fuel pump back to the unwanted 10V because the ECU flash is out of date, or does Ktuner only surgically update parts of the ECU and not affect whatever pump setting is there? I don't believe this setting is exposed in the Ktuner software. Or is Ktuner going to update the base map and I need to wait for that?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Honda Recall ECU flash

Post by KTuner »

Until we collect all of the updates and see what's been changed we won't release an update for them. If you want to wait, you can do so.
ahvl

Post by ahvl »

Hi KTuner,

I bought KTunerFlash V1 in 2016 to disable the VCM of my 2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 AT.

I brought my Accord in dealer last week to get this safety recall done. The car was loaded K-Tuner flash; base calibration with VCM off.
However, ECU has been re-set and my K-Tuner flash was gone after this TSB 19-016 had been completed; only needed sw update (no fuel pump replacement because of no stall). Now, the VCM is on as day one I took the car from dealer. I can feel when the VCM is on or off and am very frustrated now.

Long story short and I have same concern/question as OP.
Please help me and other Accord V6 AT owners how to re-flash the ECU to disable VCM again (or other tunes) without interfering Honda's safety recall sw update.

Thank you very much.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote:Until we collect all of the updates and see what's been changed we won't release an update for them. If you want to wait, you can do so.

Return to “13-17 Accord V6 Specific”