NOOB Question regarding harness use

lhernan1128

NOOB Question regarding harness use

Post by lhernan1128 »

What do I do with the other 2 ports? I believe they're B and C. Do I just leave them out?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: NOOB Question regarding harness use

Post by KTuner »

You're going to have to give more context to this.
lhernan1128

Post by lhernan1128 »

I bought a socketed ECU with the conversion harness that only contains 3 ports while the ECU itself has 5. I'm assuming the 2 ports that don't fit in the harness because their are no associated PINs are covered by the other 3. I'm literally just trying to figure out how to plug the thing in.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The Rywire conversion harness? Port C and D are for automatic transmission, so they're not used on the conversion harness.

Are you planning to take the setup to one of our dealers?
Turbogixxer

Post by Turbogixxer »

Sounds like you were sold a Auto ECU, which is not a problem at all. The harness is ONLY made for a manual car so you will have C and D without a plug in it.
http://www.TurbogixxerTuning.com
DIRECT NepTune, Hondata, Haltech, KTuner, and Fuel Injector Clinic dealer.
Turbogixxer Tuning facebookTurbogixxerTuning on Instagram
lhernan1128

Post by lhernan1128 »

So this being said. What do I do with the remaining two ports on my automatic tranny? Or should I have simply removed the conversion harness and plugged directly into the car with all five pins?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I don't understand your question. If you purchased this for an automatic then you didn't specify that to a dealer. The conversion harness (Which we do not make) is for manual setups. You'd need to modify your factory automatic wiring (C/D) if you plan to use an Automatic transmission.
lhernan1128

Post by lhernan1128 »

I specified with Xenocron that I wanted the conversion harness with an automatic PND ECU. There was no other specification option available during the purchasing process. I'll re-pin and let you know how it goes.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Oh, I see. You didn't actually speak with them. I'll get them to specifically mention that it's a harness for MT.

Return to “02-04 RSX/EP3 Specific”