RF Interference?

rewt

RF Interference?

Post by rewt »

I've noticed since hooking up my KTunerFlash V2 that the factory key remote's range is now only about 5-10ft, even with new batteries, and my TPMS indicator randomly illuminates while driving. Is this a known issue? Any way to prevent the interference?

Only workaround I've found is to disconnect the unit entirely, which negates the purpose of having it over the V1.2.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: RF Interference?

Post by KTuner »

The unit has nothing to do with either of those modules and the unit goes to sleep when there's no connectivity from the ECU.
rewt

Post by rewt »

The problems do not occur if KTuner is disconnected. If I hook a USB elm327 dongle to the OBD2 port and repeatedly request the following PIDs, as KTuner does, I do not see any problems.

If I hook the KTuner to the elm327 dongle without being connected to the car, it repeatedly spams 3E00 to various ECU addresses to see if they are awake. If that's the "sleep" mode, it could still have enough components active to cause some interference.

My assumption is that this isn't intentional behavior, nor is it CAN bus activity, but some electrical noise that KTuner is leaking into the car that interferes with RF receivers for keyless entry and TPMS.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you have CAN Gateway enabled it will wake to check if the ECU is active, then sleep again if there's no response. If you have CAN Gateway disabled, because your vehicle doesn't have one, it will wake on CAN activity from the bus.

None of that has anything to do with bluetooth or RF interference.

Return to “08-12 Accord V6 Specific”