Very High Knock Control & other issues

Calherc

Very High Knock Control & other issues

Post by Calherc »

My knock control has been varying between 1.34 and 1.44, and generally increases under heavily lead (obv). My Knock retard gets as high as 10, but my actual knock count is generally pretty low and limited to first gear for the most part. Knock count doesn't seem to affect Knock Control

My ATF also reads 29.4 when I release the throttle, otherwise it stays around 14.7.

I have a 2012 Accord V6 5AT Coupe completely stock (no intake) with the V2 Ktuner. I am running 91 octane in Southern California.

What do I do to fix this, and have I damaged my engine too much? (primarily 45mph and up on cruise control, a couple of hard accelerations but no more than 4krpm, maybe 50 miles of driving at the most).

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Very High Knock Control & other issues

Post by KTuner »

Try a better fuel and check your fuel trims in case your MAF is dirty, or if you're running an aftermarket intake that's improperly sized.
Calherc

Post by Calherc »

Will do.

I have no intake nor exhaust on, qnd I am using a tune that says "Supporting Stock with intake", is that ok?

Do you think my engine is actually knocking, and is my high ATF and Knock Control a huge concern?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Knock control will move with fuel quality and environmental factors. If it's high, that's what your setup calls for, whether that's due to fuel etc, knock, or a mechanical issue.

Return to “08-12 Accord V6 Specific”