Idles lower than commanded

V6AccordSup

Idles lower than commanded

Post by V6AccordSup »

I was wondering if there is options for changing the amount the throttle body opens at idle, I installed a supercharger on my 2010 Honda Accord V6. I am having issues with the car idling at 650-780 RPMS and when A/C is on, it is about 400RPMS and about to stall. When force a vaccuum leak, the car doesn't stall and holds the right RPMS. I didn't see much option for changing how the engine idles. If there would be some way to make changes that would be awesome.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Idles lower than commanded

Post by KTuner »

I can look into adding the factory idle throttle flow maps, but you should be able to raise the target to help you out short term.
V6AccordSup

Post by V6AccordSup »

Thank you for such a quick response and that would be wonderful! I did attempt to try to do that when engine was revving at 1500RPM's after the fixing the concern, but was unable to.

I found that there was lots of carbon buildup on the throttle body leading to a lean condition that I was seeing previously. After cleaning the throttle body, I had the opposite happen where I would be off throttle but the engine would be accelerating potentially more air that it is seeing.

MAF reads about 1.6v compared to the 1.3 before. Ignition timing was at 23.5-24 degs with 2.1% duty cycle with supercharger and off throttle. Normally at idle, I would be seeing a standard 8 degrees and about 1.5% duty cycle without the supercharger.

Would the engine need to see specific parameters to be in a idle condition, that I am not meeting assume.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Closed throttle of .5% or less, generally.
V6AccordSup

Post by V6AccordSup »

If that is the case, how come the ECU is not in a idle state when off throttle but applying ignition timing that is not standard to a idling. On a scan tool, it is making the distinction it is not idling nor decel-ing. Sorry if I am sounding a little annoying, just trying to understand why it is doing this. Everything else works pretty good.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

V6AccordSup wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:38 pm If that is the case, how come the ECU is not in a idle state when off throttle but applying ignition timing that is not standard to a idling. On a scan tool, it is making the distinction it is not idling nor decel-ing. Sorry if I am sounding a little annoying, just trying to understand why it is doing this. Everything else works pretty good.
Last time I had this issue with my 07-08 TSX ECU in my CM2 Accord is that the DBW map at 1% throttle the DBW had to be 0%. If at the DBW opening is 1% at 1% throttle it wasn't went to idle state. Once I changed that back to 0%, it worked fine again. Adjusting idle or throttle flow maps not helped at all. Maybe something similar happens to you too.
V6AccordSup

Post by V6AccordSup »

Linszter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:41 pm
V6AccordSup wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:38 pm If that is the case, how come the ECU is not in a idle state when off throttle but applying ignition timing that is not standard to a idling. On a scan tool, it is making the distinction it is not idling nor decel-ing. Sorry if I am sounding a little annoying, just trying to understand why it is doing this. Everything else works pretty good.
Last time I had this issue with my 07-08 TSX ECU in my CM2 Accord is that the DBW map at 1% throttle the DBW had to be 0%. If at the DBW opening is 1% at 1% throttle it wasn't went to idle state. Once I changed that back to 0%, it worked fine again. Adjusting idle or throttle flow maps not helped at all. Maybe something similar happens to you too.

Appreciate that @Linzster, I forgot I change those settings when I had a lean idle. It really helped. Ignition Timing is back to 0 to 8 DEG.

Return to “08-12 Accord V6 Specific”