Knock control in boost

Dustin1717

Knock control in boost

Post by Dustin1717 »

Can someone point me in the right detection with knock limit/ retard when in boost. I’m running speed density tune and the map is only setup for 131-.2 load, no boost tables what so ever. Also no matter how long I drive it the knock control will stay at 1.30. Could go 20 miles with 1 knock count and still stuck at 1.30
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock control in boost

Post by KTuner »

If you don't have fuel maps you didn't choose speed density.

Knock count and knock control are not directly related. Knock control will move based on fuel quality and environmental factors as well as if your ignition is too aggressive.
Dustin1717

Post by Dustin1717 »

I have fuel maps, scaled to 11psi. I was just wondering why knock control is available for the same maps as fuel. Fuel spark is up to 11 psi, but knock is only to .2 load.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I see what you're saying now. Notice the size difference in the table. The last column would be used for .2 and above.
Dustin1717

Post by Dustin1717 »

Can you point in the right direction, it’s got a sprintex supercharger... any kind of load is pulling timing (out of boost) is there a way to turn sensitivity down on knock sensor. It’s definitely noise from the charger. I’ll never be able to see if she’s dealing knocking in boost if she thinks she’s knock all the time.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can use the available tables to get away from the ECU pulling timing, but if you don't have the sensitivity table you obviously can't change that.

Return to “09-10 Fit”