Lack of functions in civic R18 12-15 R1A-A5 AT basemap

khurramishaque

Lack of functions in civic R18 12-15 R1A-A5 AT basemap

Post by khurramishaque »

Hi there,
i am using Ktuner V1.2 on my Civic R18 2012 , 37820-R1A-A56 ECU. i am currently running factory 12 R1A-A5 AT calibration however there are several tables that does not appear in my ktuner software, detail of which is as follows;

Injector sizing
Fuel injector dead times
Closed loop settings (the Check-tab for 'Disabled close loop' is disabled)
DBW Idle Throttle Flow Rate
DBW Maps
Boost tables disabled

Moreover, i am getting emission codes P0453 & P0498 but in 'Disables/Monitors' i cannot find relevant sensor options to disable them.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Lack of functions in civic R18 12-15 R1A-A5 AT basemap

Post by KTuner »

The application doesn't support forced induction. See the application page for the vehicle for more information.
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

what about the Sensor Disables/ monitors codes? i am unable to clear P0453 & P0498.
the sensor options for Evap system pressure and Evap system vent control are not available.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Anything available for the platform is in the software.
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

So... it is what it is.. very limited support in terms of generic functions for r18 12-15 users.
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

Can you guide how to set the VTEC engagement window for an ECONOMY VARIANT of VTEC in R18.
In ECONOMY VARIANT, the Normal cam lobes are for High output while VTEC lobe is for low output, used while cruising.

Ktuner online help suggests that VTEC turn on ABOVE VTEC engagement window mbar table value but in R18 economy VTEC, it should only set BELOW mbar table value for economy lobe and otherwise should stay on Normal cam lobes ABOVE mbar table value.

For example, VTEC is required only when mbar is below 650mbar in between 1300 to 2000 rpms.

How would we incorporate it in VTEC engagement window
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The directions are for the standard implementation of VTEC, which 99% of the Honda vehicles with VTEC settings have. We're not sure why Honda chose to reuse the same settings commonly used for VTEC implementation. The code for the implementation can be changed in how those settings are used.

If you have an understanding of how your "i-VTEC" operates, which is not the standard implementation of VTEC, you can see the settings and utilize datalogging to equate when i-VTEC control turns on and off.

If you don't want to use the low output you have the control to make that happen.
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

Yes, i have been tuning different makes of Honda cars and worked on all sort of VTEC implementations i.e. VTEC performance, VTEC Pause, VTEC economy and VTEC with VTC.

On rR18 12-15 Ktuner, i am currently using the normal cams (High output) and disabled the economy VTEC cams (Low output), but it would be more desirable if i am able to retain OEM function.

I have sufficient data to equate the iVTEC On and Off limits for allowing low output cams to function, i only want the VTEC ENGAGEMENT WINDOW to function inversely i.e. Below mbar value, iVTEC turns on, and Above mbar value, iVTEC remains off.
The VTEC shall remain Off (High Output on normal cams) before and after engagement window.

For example, VTEC should ne ON only when mbar is below 650mbar in between 1300 to 2000 rpms. before 1300 rpms and after 2000 is shall remain off. Any help in that would be appreciated like you said "The code for the implementation can be changed in how those settings are used."
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Sorry, you misunderstood. Honda's implementation of the code can be changed in how they use these settings between the different vehicles. We don't rewrite the implementation.
khurramishaque

Post by khurramishaque »

Okay, thanks for the prompt responses.

I will have to manage through third party controller to program my VTEC function.
Furthermore, existing options for R18 platform are very limited in ktuner software. I planned boosted application in future. injector sizing and DBW maps are also a miss.

Will keep ktuner for 10th gen civic turbo application where it offers the most, parallel to its competitors.

Thanks again.

Return to “12-15 Civic R18 Specific”