Accord 1.5T CVT - Stage 2 ( Newbie! )

Nespher

Accord 1.5T CVT - Stage 2 ( Newbie! )

Post by Nespher »

Howdy Folks!

Lovely to meet you all, I'm very new here and especially new to modding so appreciate any advice and support in advance. I recently got my hands on the K-Tuner V2 and installed it tonight. I currently have the 2020 Accord 1.5T CVT, I have a Cat-Back Borla Type S Exhaust system with the AEM Cold Air intake with heat shield, Those are currently my only mods.

I took it out for a whir on the roads and immediately noticed the mid-range pull, oh my gosh! It was a blast when you drop the pedal. Now to the serious part, I see horror stories of people blowing transmissions, numerous posts telling people like myself with the 1.5T CVT that we are idiots for wanting to do this stuff and we should just earn more money and buy the 2.0T. I had a budget, I bought a car that I thought I had done enough research on and it was a stretch even affording the 1.5T CVT, I'm proud of what I got honestly even if it's not a -tuner- vehicle.

I'm running Stage 2, Should I roll it back to Stage 1? Am I ok running Stage 2 without a downpipe?

I would love to hear people clearly smarter on this than I that could help settle my mind about blowing my car up~ It's only a year old and I couldn't afford a new transmission if I broke it. :c

Either way, Thanks for reading! Here's a pic of my project! Hope you like it.

Nespher ~

KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Accord 1.5T CVT - Stage 2 ( Newbie! )

Post by KTuner »

Welcome!

Stage 2 does not require any modifications. Be aware that if the intake changes the MAF housing size it will throw fueling off, and some do!
Nespher

Post by Nespher »

Ah, Yeah, I have the AEM Cold Air Intake

https://throtl.com/products/open-box-ae ... gIaL_D_BwE

Should I remove it and go back to stock? Or just drop to Stage 1?

What would you advise to be safe? I'm not planning to custom tune or go any further past Stage 2.

Thanks in advance!
Nespher

Post by Nespher »

Or better yet, Is there a way the K-Tuner will tell me if it's having problems?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can check your STFT and LTFT to see how far off it's throwing your fueling. A custom MAF tune would work to get the MAF scaling correct through someone like Derek at Innovative Motorworks. Otherwise if it is off and you don't want to custom tune for it, go back to the factory housing!
Nespher

Post by Nespher »

This is what mine looks like atm, I assume this is bad?

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

7% is within spec. You only have one bank, so the "2" options do not apply to you.
Nespher

Post by Nespher »

Well, I feel a lot better now. Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem!
Xccord

Post by Xccord »

You should be good as long as ur not pushing it too hard. I got a 1.5t cvt on stage 2 too. I got a mishimoto intercooler, prl catless dp, mishimoto intake, intercooler res delete, hps charge pipe, pedal commander and on a ktuner stage 2. Ive heard alot of ppl talk down on modding the 1.5t but the cvt can handle it. Just try not to push it everytime u drive n you should be fine. I had a friend fbo stage 3 on a 1.5t and his car is still running strong.

Return to “Accord / CL7 Euro-R Platform”