Accord V6 Coupe Tables for Tune 2

MeeSeek

Accord V6 Coupe Tables for Tune 2

Post by MeeSeek »

Hey everyone!

Just received my TunerV2 and I am excited to to begin to tune my car. It has excellent airflow with a short ram airbox, RV6 PCD & J-pipe. Trying to tune it since its been throwing Rich codes for both banks.

I thought Tune 2 would have helped; however, it did not. I extracted the Ignition Map, WOT Enrichment Map, and MAF Scaling MAP for the Factory Tune and Tune 2 and I dont see a difference. Am I missing something? How is Tune 2 different from the Factory R70 Tune?

Also, With these upgrades to the induction system, Which other tables or aspect of KTuner should I look into?

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Accord V6 Coupe Tables for Tune 2

Post by KTuner »

I believe you called and designed your own intake. If you're getting a rich code you've created a housing that's smaller than factory or the flow dynamics are horrible. If you see the descriptions for the tunes it clearly says improperly designed intakes may throw fueling off. Clearly that's happening for you. Are you an engineer? If so you should know the percentage you've resized the MAF housing by and be able to tune the MAF scale to compensate, which will deliver proper fueling and get rid of the codes. Going back to factory intake or getting one that's properly designed would also help you with your codes.

Yes, you're clearly missing something since there are changes to the maps. Even here in your post you didn't mention one whole set of maps. After talking to my people on the phone, I'll give you the same advice, check out each set of maps side by side. All of them. There are differences. If you still don't see it after me just calling it out for you, have someone else look for you. I bet they'll see it.

Since you skipped a whole set of maps, it sounds like you'd benefit from the help section's description of how ignition is derived for your platform.
http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/ignition_t ... ontrol.htm

I was told you are running 87 octane despite the application page for the vehicle that shows the dyno sheets specifically mentioned 91+ recommended.

Basic and easy break down: Go back to a proper intake or have yours tuned properly, check all maps side by side, and get 91+.

Good luck.

Return to “Accord / CL7 Euro-R Platform”