V6 AT Improved Shift

vSIXer98

V6 AT Improved Shift

Post by vSIXer98 »

Hi all, newb here. I recently purchased a 2015 Accord v6 AT and decided to take the plunge on a v1.2. My goal was just to try and improve the drivability. I'm still baffled by the fact that a car with such a refined powertrain has such a clunky shifting transmission. The shifting (down and up) that occurs between 5-20 mph is just awful. If I'm not mistaken it hits 4th gear by 20 mph with what I consider normal pedal input.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the 'improved shift 1 & 2' quick adjustments??? I don't seem to notice much of a difference between the two in normal driving. The real dif seems to be when i stand on the throttle. My tunes are simple, VCM disable and 'improved shift'.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: V6 AT Improved Shift

Post by KTuner »

It will be more prevalent with higher load, for sure. That was the intention. Quicker shifting.
vSIXer98

Post by vSIXer98 »

I definitely enjoy the difference when I'm in the gas but normal driving just really needs some help. What are the chances of an 'improved shift 3' getting into a future version??? A tune that would hold gears longer but not as aggressive as Sport?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

This only altered the speed of shifting, not when gears change etc. We're not altering the actual patterns of the gears at this time.
vSIXer98

Post by vSIXer98 »

Ok :( Thanks Ktuner.
Redregens

Post by Redregens »

Sorry to re-hash this, but is it possible to allow greater user control of this transmission in future? While the improved shifting modes make a difference under load, there are many legitimate complaints about the overall drivability of this transmission (hunting, jerkiness, engine braking, etc.) Several Ktuner users have spent time tweaking and sharing settings for DBW mapping - I'm sure the same would go for AT control!

Anyway, thanks for the great product!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Currently that's not something we're looking at, but possible in the future.
turbo9589

Post by turbo9589 »

What's the difference between the Improved Shift 1 and Improved Shift 2? Is one faster/more aggressive than the other? I combed a few forums and couldn't find an exact answer to this, just the suggestion that 2 is faster than 1.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As levels would go, 2 is higher level of adjustment than 1. Try them and see what suits you.
artieman

Post by artieman »

Redregens wrote:Sorry to re-hash this, but is it possible to allow greater user control of this transmission in future? While the improved shifting modes make a difference under load, there are many legitimate complaints about the overall drivability of this transmission (hunting, jerkiness, engine braking, etc.) Several Ktuner users have spent time tweaking and sharing settings for DBW mapping - I'm sure the same would go for AT control!

Anyway, thanks for the great product!
I wish we could also.

Return to “Accord / CL7 Euro-R Platform”