Tuner issue

CerealKiller

Tuner issue

Post by CerealKiller »

I have had the ktuner for a few years now. I took my car to my local dealer to have it serviced. I removed the tuner from the car before dropping it off. when I got the car back my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree with all the warnings and whatnot like my car had just been flashed or something. I figured they disconnected the battery for some reason... after driving it for a few days I noticed I didn't have the power that I usually have. I did a couple of WOT pulls and I was getting factory boost instead of the 21psi.

I hooked my laptop up to the car and tried to load my tunes again and I keep getting an error... also all my tunes that were on the tuner are now gone.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Tuner issue

Post by KTuner »

You should return to factory and unlock when going in for service. They either updated your software or replaced the ECU. Updating the software wouldn't change anything in your ability to tune, but this has zero to do with our product either way.

Tunes on the unit can't be removed without you clearing them. If you actually mean the FLASH section no longer shows up and you're still able to see live data, your ECU has been replaced. You're welcome to ask them why, as again, that has zero to do with us.

Return to “Civic Platform”