Knock control

Christian1818

Knock control

Post by Christian1818 »

Hello
I have a 2018 civic hatch with injen intake , muffler delete and bigger throttle body. But no matter what Tune I put in car it seems my knock control is higher than usual. Before Intake I would see it at .54-.61 but now is from .71- 1.10 and I’m running 91oct plus Add ons to increase oct
I tried searching but couldn’t find answers
One thing I would like to see more is videos in YouTube , many would agree that would help a big time. Don’t understand why you guys don’t have videos for ktuner like other competitors.
Let me know what else you need to help me out
Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock control

Post by KTuner »

Knock control is a product of your fuel quality and your environmental factors.

The intake may be throwing your fueling off if it's not properly sized. Consider a better intake or getting a custom tune for yours.

Try different fuel and not using adders.
Christian1818

Post by Christian1818 »

I’m new to ktuner
But trust me I made my research and found injen intake to be a good intake. It’s a intake made for this car
Not cold intake but what we call ram intake
But I will try running the car without oct boost add ons and see if that helps.
Is there anything else you can recommend
Now I’m running dual tune (LOVE) that feeling of 21 boost
Christian1818

Post by Christian1818 »

I forgot to mention
Custom tune?
Can you help me with that ?
How can I adjust fuel ratio and how can I start with custom tune?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The Injen has actually proven to be a problem on these vehicles, as it's not a properly sized MAF housing so the ECU does not get the correct airflow from the MAF sensor. See details about problems with these intakes on CivicX.com

Contact Derek at Innovative Motorworks if you'd like a custom tune for it.

I'm glad you're enjoying it otherwise!
Christian1818

Post by Christian1818 »

I love ktuner v2
I’m trying to get as much I can from it and learn my self to have my car running in top shape so please correct me if I’m wrong
I used to think that if you change intake to a bigger size than stock the mass flow would recognize and make changes automatically. But after what you said I made more research and found out that you have what is called PRL maf
That’s for bigger intake body.
So just to mess with it I choose that option for the dual Tune and guess what. My knock control is steady at .48-.50 and since knock count doesn’t matter or does it? Is at 6-10 but before was 1
Now my question
Can it hurt by having that option even though I don’t have a PRL intake ? As I said previously I have injen evolution v2 that’s bigger than stock
I honestly don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a special tune for my car now since I’m not done upgrading parts but I do want my car to last since is my daily drive
Any suggestions would be gladly accepted.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Glad you're enjoying the learning process.

Correct. Knock Count is not what to watch on this platform.

Do not use the PRL RACE MAF option if not using a PRL RACE MAF housing.
Cscamardo25

Post by Cscamardo25 »

Christian1818 wrote:I love ktuner v2
I’m trying to get as much I can from it and learn my self to have my car running in top shape so please correct me if I’m wrong
I used to think that if you change intake to a bigger size than stock the mass flow would recognize and make changes automatically. But after what you said I made more research and found out that you have what is called PRL maf
That’s for bigger intake body.
So just to mess with it I choose that option for the dual Tune and guess what. My knock control is steady at .48-.50 and since knock count doesn’t matter or does it? Is at 6-10 but before was 1
Now my question
Can it hurt by having that option even though I don’t have a PRL intake ? As I said previously I have injen evolution v2 that’s bigger than stock
I honestly don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a special tune for my car now since I’m not done upgrading parts but I do want my car to last since is my daily drive
Any suggestions would be gladly accepted.
I SEE THAT YOU SAID THAT YOUR KNOCK CONTROL WAS REGULATING AT .48-.50 IS THAT A GOOD RANGE TO BE IN AND WHEN DOES THAT LINE START GETTING TO THE DANGEROUS BOUNDARY?
TurboEclipse

Post by TurboEclipse »

Cscamardo25 wrote:I SEE THAT YOU SAID THAT YOUR KNOCK CONTROL WAS REGULATING AT .48-.50 IS THAT A GOOD RANGE TO BE IN AND WHEN DOES THAT LINE START GETTING TO THE DANGEROUS BOUNDARY?
.48 is very good. Even on completely factory tune my 2.0 CVT never went below .4X

During my own tuning on my 2.0CVT i've gone over 1.3 Knock Control on a too lean tune, and that isn't something you want to be sitting at, or leaving it alone at, I wouldn't be happy if it was over 0.80 on a DIY tune, If you're paying for a custom tune it is up to the professional. If you see it go over 1.0 probably best to find out whats wrong, or make it a little less aggressive.
Cscamardo25

Post by Cscamardo25 »

TurboEclipse wrote:
Cscamardo25 wrote:I SEE THAT YOU SAID THAT YOUR KNOCK CONTROL WAS REGULATING AT .48-.50 IS THAT A GOOD RANGE TO BE IN AND WHEN DOES THAT LINE START GETTING TO THE DANGEROUS BOUNDARY?
.48 is very good. Even on completely factory tune my 2.0 CVT never went below .4X

During my own tuning on my 2.0CVT i've gone over 1.3 Knock Control on a too lean tune, and that isn't something you want to be sitting at, or leaving it alone at, I wouldn't be happy if it was over 0.80 on a DIY tune, If you're paying for a custom tune it is up to the professional. If you see it go over 1.0 probably best to find out whats wrong, or make it a little less aggressive.
Thank you so much for the info I'm new to this so tryi g to learn i really appriciate the feedback!!!!

Return to “Civic Platform”