timming on the reflash for full bolt ons

cardelino18

timming on the reflash for full bolt ons

Post by cardelino18 »

I noticed that the timing was advanced a lot compared to the stock tune and even the stock+intake tune. I was reviewing all 3 files yesterday (stock, stock+intake & full bolt on tune) and had my personal though that this timing on the full bolt on tune is more for race gas rather than 91 or 93 octane...

im still making my own tune based on the stock+intake tune map, but I was just curious on to why such an aggressive timing? I noticed that doing a 40mph on 2nd gear and then go WOT, the car has a little "lag" of like half a sec and then it goes... could this be because of the aggressive timing?

any input into why that timing would be great for me to understand a little more...

thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: timming on the reflash for full bolt ons

Post by KTuner »

Your conclusion is inaccurate and I'm trying to figure out where you came up with it. Beyond that it clearly stated 91+ octane, which insinuates 93 octane is ok. That's not race gas last time I checked. :D

If you're a novice with no clear understanding of tuning, it's great that you want to learn, but to question my tunes with inaccurate information is probably not a good place to start. Where did you come up with your conclusion?
cardelino18

Post by cardelino18 »

KTuner wrote:Your conclusion is inaccurate and I'm trying to figure out where you came up with it. Beyond that it clearly stated 91+ octane, which insinuates 93 octane is ok. That's not race gas last time I checked.

If you're a novice with no clear understanding of tuning, it's great that you want to learn, but to question my tunes with inaccurate information is probably not a good place to start.

where did I stated that 93 was race gas? if my statement is read correctly, you will notice that I said "had my personal though that this timing on the full bolt on tune is more for race gas rather than 91 or 93 octane... "

im not questioning your tunes, im asking for more info on to why you decided to run those numbers on the cam angle maps that's all.. im trying to have this sub-forum being as helpful as possible for the few people (including my self) who get the end user program . not for this subforum to get flamed when a questions is asked. once again, I am not questioning your tunes, I just wanted to know how did you ended up with those numbers, that's all.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Ok, so you don't understand the values that were changed, that's no problem. Your thought that it's based on race gas rather than 91 or 93 has no foundation. Cam angle is not ignition timing. I ended up with the numbers I did by tuning the vehicle on a dyno. See the dyno graphs on the website for reference of what these numbers did vs factory.
screamingz1

Post by screamingz1 »

I wish we just had a few tutorial/walk thru or even a time lapse of adjusting the tables in other words the we would need help to know where to start to tune our own end user program.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I can make tutorials of how to use the software, not to teach tuning. We may have classes at some point.

Return to “13-17 Accord i4 Specific”