2014 accord 6speed- end user questions

CorrPerformance

Re: 2014 accord 6speed- end user questions

Post by CorrPerformance »

I was tuning a 2015 Accord sport i4 last night on the dyno and I was able to go to 127mph on the dyno with 4th gear.
One thing that i did notice was the fact that on the dyno's AFR as well as the datalog when I would hit 7000rpm to redline the AFRs would drop to 11.14:1 afr and on the datalog as well.
On the calibration table WOT the values there are all 13.2 to 13.3 and it will still go rich in that area?

This is the chart from just the tune and intake, I will also post the chart from last night that I tuned after the RV6 downpipe install.

KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The speed limiter was officially removed and I'm not sure what your post has to do with the speed limit.

Your issue is tuning. Your knock control is likely very high and the ECU is throwing extra fuel in to protect the engine.
CorrPerformance

KTuner wrote:The speed limiter was officially removed and I'm not sure what your post has to do with the speed limit.

Your issue is tuning. Your knock control is likely very high and the ECU is throwing extra fuel in to protect the engine.
My post was just to illustrate that the limiter was raised and we were able to hit 127mph.
I did not touch the KO control table and now that you mention it and reading another post you made it seems that I need to tackle it and raise a little the values there.
If this is wrong let me know so I dont hurt anything on the motor.

Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Oh, I see. You should continue the other question in a new thread or via email.

You want the Knock Control value in logging to be as low as possible.
CorrPerformance

You know what is weird that I get KO counts when the car is just in low rpms ramping up to 4th gear and when I make the pull form 2000 to redline there are NO KO counts presents.
From tuning other vehicles when I see KO counts on those sectors usually is just phantom KO as the engine is just being shifted at 2500rpm and there are noise present there from the shifts.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

What is KO?

I'm suggesting you look at the Knock Control value, not Knock Counts.
CorrPerformance

KTuner wrote:What is KO?

I'm suggesting you look at the Knock Control value, not Knock Counts.
When you mention Knock Control value are you referring to the Knock retard or Knock limit tab in the main screen?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'll find Knock Control in the data list or gauge options when datalogging. Knock retard being applied (Also found in logging) is a direct result of the knock control value and knock retard table.

Return to “13-17 Accord i4 Specific”