Misfire and knock counts.

Wwolf771177

Misfire and knock counts.

Post by Wwolf771177 »

I'm a super noob at tuning and I dont know SQUAT!
Today i decided to do some data logging and i noticed it was saying "misfired cylinder" and also knock counts were counted.
Isnt that stuff bad? I'll submit pictures.

This is just idling.

This was a 2nd gear pull to redline.

This is normal driving from 1st - 4th gear.

Thanks in advance.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Misfire and knock counts.

Post by KTuner »

Hundreds of knock counts in a short period might indicate an issue. You'll see a flashing CEL and receive an error code if you're misfiring heavily.
Wwolf771177

Post by Wwolf771177 »

Thanks for your response.
Only CEL I get is P0420 cuz of the RV6PCD.
One more turn back and the defouler comes out so I emailed RV6 to see if it's common. For now I deleted the secondary O2 sensor.

Should I be worried about the knock counts?

I'm still waiting to get a custom tune but I dont trust anyone where I live (LA).
I sent a lot of emails to "tuners" but no responses. Do you know of someone in my area?
TIA
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote:Hundreds of knock counts in a short period might indicate an issue. You'll see a flashing CEL and receive an error code if you're misfiring heavily.
Stated in the previous reply what would indicate an issue, so you're essentially asking the same thing.
Wwolf771177

Post by Wwolf771177 »

I was just asking if I should be worried, so I guess I shouldn't be worried because I'm not "seeing a flashing CEL and recieving an error code."
Thanks for your help.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Or hundreds in a short period. Consider how many ignition events you have per revolution, then how many revolutions per minute you have (RPM), and how many minutes the engine was running when you looked at that number.

No problem.
Wwolf771177

Post by Wwolf771177 »

I'm gonna go to the grocery store now should I data log my trip there and back? Its 1 mile to the store and 1 mile bak.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're completely able to log and review as much data as you want! That's the joy of owning such a system.

Return to “13-17 Accord i4 Specific”