Knock Control

Ianahibner

Knock Control

Post by Ianahibner »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the tuning game so feel free to roast me.

Current Setup:
2014 Accord LXS 2.4L i4
K&N CAI (have a Takeda coming in the mail)
Megan Racing Catback Exhaust
Running stage 1 tune on 91 (for the last 6mo.)

I did some datalogging for the first time using my V1.2 during my hour drive to work.
I did notice my knock control sat anywhere from .7-1.2. I know knock count isn't that important of information to assess but I only had a count of 1 for the whole drive.

I've read that knock control is more important to monitor and is dependent on fuel quality as well as environmental factors. There was a bit of a head wind and my drive consists of small hills but all highway. Do I need to be alarmed and do some deep diving on why the knock control is that high? Could it be the CAI? At what point should I be concerned about the knock control? What are the long-term repercussions of possibly having that high of a knock control for an extended period of time?

Just looking to learn more and keep the car healthy with a little additional fun.

Thanks
Ian
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Knock Control

Post by KTuner »

Higher knock control means the ECU is pulling more timing, as KC is a multiplier to get the final Knock Retard value you see in logging. Excess KC may cause the ECU to run richer than it would normally as a protective measure. Try better quality fuel first.

Return to “13-17 Accord i4 Specific”