Ktuner PLZ help! '07 S2k ECU recovery

oja

Ktuner PLZ help! '07 S2k ECU recovery

Post by oja »

07 S2000

ECU went into recovery after a flash.

kept following the recovery option (flash) and it keeps saying flash failed.

tried pulling positive off battery for fifteen minutes and then continuing with no avail

PLZ help my car is stuck at a 7/11 gas station :(

Ktuner program just keeps saying authenticating or disconnected/ ECU communication fail
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Ktuner PLZ help! '07 S2k ECU recovery

Post by KTuner »

What unit do you have?

Pulling battery won't help. More than likely your battery voltage is low and that's why the flash didn't complete.

For the unit, power it down fully and plug it back in. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to connect to it.
oja

Post by oja »

I have the Touch.

I have done all that
oja

Post by oja »

I was the guy that had the PZX-A210 and it wouldn't connect. after technical service I was told to download an update because they had never seen this code/model. I hope this is not the problem?? the recovery flash is completing it just says fail afterwards.
oja

Post by oja »

If I connect the computer to the touch, and then touch to obd port. the computer just goes back and forth from authenticate to disconnect. sometimes if left long enough a gui finally populates saying ecu communication fail. and only says retry or disconnect but recovery is ghosted.
oja

Post by oja »

The only way to run the "recovery flash" is through the touch. and it says ECU not ready like 50x and then finally runs it and fails after finalizing every time.

I had my bud hook up with jumper cables and ran the flash again with no avail
oja

Post by oja »

Ok so something on the touch I think got corrupted. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled and then re loaded recovery/ecu info to touch. First flash was successful after that.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You used clear tunes on the touch and had the software reload? Please email me further details of the situation.

Please in the future email us, the forum is just not as speedy for a situation that clearly needed it.
oja

Post by oja »

?.... clearing the tunes isn't or shouldn't be the recovery flash.

I had this happen to me on FP once, but wow this one was a lil more tricky.
I uninstalled ktuner from my computer. Reinstalled 1.0.5.2 and then straight to your current download update. When I hooked the touch back up. It wanted to do it's whole ecu pairing thing "kinda" because in the flash info it had Vin and other stuff but it like re uploaded stuff to the touch. It was a recovery oem flash cause as soon as I started it, it went CEL VSA, map sensor was off.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Touching Clear Tunes on the device clears all tunes from the device. That's the only way the software would re-upload the factory firmware to it when it connects.

Return to “06-09 S2000 Specific”