Disabling VSA

TSX6M

Disabling VSA

Post by TSX6M »

When disabling VSA and reflashing the ECU a warning appears in the dashboard to check the airbag system. Is there a proper way to disable VSA w/o getting mentioned warning? All I'm doing is checking the box, if I uncheck it the warning goes away.

Thank you
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Disabling VSA

Post by KTuner »

The option is there for those who want to disable everything connected to it, intended for advanced users. If you don't intend to go deeper on your own please just use the button.
TSX6M

Post by TSX6M »

So, if I disable VSA I'm disabling the air bags as well (by just checking the box)? And, thank you for answering to my questions so quickly! Great customer service!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

These systems work together. Disabling something like this is meant to allow the ECU to ignore the messages and operate without them accordingly, but the other systems are separate and still exchanging messages. This is likely why you're getting the error.

No problem.
TSX6M

Post by TSX6M »

FYI - Today I reflashed my ECU but this time only disabling VSA and the car took it w/o issues. Thank you!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Oh, maybe I misunderstood. During the flash process you may get a host of warnings, but after you finish the flash and key off to reset the ECU properly all of that should be reset. There's a video in the help specifically about this.

Return to “09-14 TSX i4 Specific”