KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base maps for 06-11 Civic si

Post by KTuner »

Speed density is MAP based.
TLWBand14

Post by TLWBand14 »

Ohhhh. But am I able to just be able to use that basemap and be able to drive with it all the way to my tuner safely for my car? Cause it says needs tuning. Which I know I will be getting a tune but just for the drive there is what I’m saying.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I can't instruct what to do. We include basemaps as a starting point. Discuss with your tuner.
Thesilverbullet

Post by Thesilverbullet »

Hi.. do u guys release a "BETA" actualization in v1.2 for live tuning in 8th gen Si civics? Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Only what is in FINAL is available to the public.
Itschrissly

Post by Itschrissly »

So I’ve recently purchased Ktuner v2. And I wanted to run the tune 1 that’s available for the 8th gens civic si. It’s an “improved stock si” map however it states something along the lines that if there’s improper intake sizing may throw off fueling. Does this mean I can’t run it temporarily until I get time to full dyno tune?

I have a takeda time attack cold air intake, alpha header and mega power r exhaust. Will this affect the “improved” stock si tune? Meaning, will the computer not adjust to add fuel to compensate for the amount of air going in? It’s smaller than the average 3.5” cai in diameter. I’m currently running this set up on the stock map from Honda. Before reflashing the tune I wanted to make sure it’s OK to run and it won’t cause any issues.

Also, is this improved tune better than stock? Any input is highly appreciated.

Last but not least, what value do I enter for the throttle compensation to disable it? Or it’s a simple disable switch I click?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The included tune is better than factory. If you have additional parts that may affect fueling consult your tuner ahead of time. The intake will throw off fueling if the MAF housing size is different than factory. Check your fuel trims to see how far off it is.

The help specifically mentions the throttle compensation setting for rev hang. http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/fuel_cut_settings.htm
Itschrissly

Post by Itschrissly »

So I’m almost sure that the Maf sensor from stock to where it is now the piping is the same size.. alpha headers is catless. I’m assuming I would go off a stock afr then compare it to what the car is showing when on the improvised tune? Check to make sure the air fuel for it is running as it should. And if this is the case that means the tune is okay to run?

I know you guys don’t give tuning advise I’m just making sure I understand it correctly.

Btw thank you for the quick response!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Check the fuel trims to see how far the ECU is correcting.

No problem.
Itschrissly

Post by Itschrissly »

I’m a little confused as to how to use the led as a shift light. I know for each led there are a starting value and an ending value.

Would these two be the same? If I needed them to turn on at a specific rpm?

Would warning value mean after rpm reaches passed that value it will start blinking?

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”