AFR Problem - AFR.CMD vs AFR TABLE

MrCk

AFR Problem - AFR.CMD vs AFR TABLE

Post by MrCk »

I have the same problem with two cars.
AFR.CMD does not agree with the AFR of the tables.
One car works on the map with the MAF sensor, the other car works on the MAP Sensor/Fuel maps
During normal driving, AFR.CMD is 13.95 while the settings are 14.7 The same situation in two cars
In a car with MAF Sensor during WOT AFR.CMD is 12.4-12.3 when AFR is set to +/- 13.0 in the WOT Enrichment Tables
Everywhere there is a 0.7 AFR missing between AFR.CMD and the actual settings in the tables in both cars
Map for the Type R FN2 uploaded from my other car that I had in 2019. There was no problem in that car
Ktuner version 1.0.10.9 I tested on version 1.0.10.7 without success.

#1. Civic SI (FA5) K20Z3 - Speed Density map / MAP Sensor/Fuel maps
#2. CIVIC Type R (FN2) K20Z4 - MAF Sensor map

Civic SI (FA5) K20Z3 MAP - https://www.szybkiplik.pl/w4t4RE2Hmj
Civic SI (FA5) K20Z3 LOG - https://www.szybkiplik.pl/RnufUH8unN

CIVIC Type R (FN2) K20Z4 MAP - https://www.szybkiplik.pl/vJHvSiK55Y
CIVIC Type R (FN2) K20Z4 LOG - https://www.szybkiplik.pl/rtNgYLd5E7
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: AFR Problem - AFR.CMD vs AFR TABLE

Post by KTuner »

If AFR.CMD and table don't match you may have set both WOT Enrichment tables to the same values. Sometimes the ECU does not like that if it's too lean. If knock control gets too high it will also add fuel in.
MrCk

Post by MrCk »

KTuner wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 pm If AFR.CMD and table don't match you may have set both WOT Enrichment tables to the same values. Sometimes the ECU does not like that if it's too lean. If knock control gets too high it will also add fuel in.
The Civic SI has a speed density map with standard knock control settings. The problem is there

It is the same with the map in the Civic FN2. The base of the map is factory settings. Knock control map is serial and WOT maps are different. So what's the problem?

Why is the Civic FN2 map that was good in 2019 too rich now?

Maybe the current software is the problem?

Have you looked at the maps and logs that I have shared?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It would not matter whether it's MAF or SD. See previous post for detail. Try making the CAT HEATING table a point richer than the other. We don't change how the ECU uses the WOT Enrichment tables.
MrCk

Post by MrCk »

I have added 0.5 AFR to the CAT HEATING table (MAF Map in FN2 K20Z4). Nothing has changed.
The same map uploaded in 2019 had good AFR.CMD and the same map uploaded now has wrong AFR.CMD
If nothing has been changed in the software, what is the problem if the same map is loaded?
Two different cars, two laptops from which the map is loaded, two different maps = the same problem
I also uploaded factory map. There is also a problem on this map

MAP + 0.5AFR WOT CAT - https://www.szybkiplik.pl/DL3QxzkHKQ
LOG test drive - https://www.szybkiplik.pl/39dCqw9j8y

In SD map (Civic SI) only changing the close loops settings helps.
Changing Target A / F, Close loop lambda, close loop lambda low and high load to 15.3 raises AFR.CMD to 14.6 There is still a 0.7AFR difference.

This is not a solution to the problem.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Nothing has changed with your application since 2019 so look elsewhere for the difference if using the same maps.
MrCk

Post by MrCk »

KTuner wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:01 pm Nothing has changed with your application since 2019 so look elsewhere for the difference if using the same maps.

where ?
Where I suspected a problem ... I didn't find it on this map.
Loading the factory map does not help.

The car does not have any modifications.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

MrCk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:29 pm Loading the factory map does not help.
Does not help with what? If it's doing the same thing with a factory map why do you think it has to do anything with us? We've changed nothing since 2019 on your vehicle. We don't change the WOT Enrichment fueling routines. This isn't related to our software.
MrCk

Post by MrCk »

You think that my map that we are uploading has a problem with AFR.CMD due to incorrect settings. This map was made by Ktuner Dealer from Poland. The map was definitely good in 2019 and it didn't have this problem ...

I don't know what the problem is with this map now

Uploading factory settings should fix this problem? Does not help. The problem with AFR.CMD is still even on Factory Base Calibration

If you have maps and logs, you should know where to look for the wrong AFR.CMD problem, if you say that the software is OK and even factory base calibration has this problem.

Maybe you have a good base map that will be free from this problem? for Civic FN2 and FA5
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

MrCk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:33 am You think that my map that we are uploading has a problem with AFR.CMD due to incorrect settings. This map was made by Ktuner Dealer from Poland. The map was definitely good in 2019 and it didn't have this problem ...

I don't know what the problem is with this map now

Uploading factory settings should fix this problem? Does not help. The problem with AFR.CMD is still even on Factory Base Calibration

If you have maps and logs, you should know where to look for the wrong AFR.CMD problem, if you say that the software is OK and even factory base calibration has this problem.

Maybe you have a good base map that will be free from this problem? for Civic FN2 and FA5
If you check the Closed Loop Settings, you can see that Low and High Load Lambda target are richer than 14.7. Checked my several FN2 logs and AFR.CMD and AFR is always spot while cruising. Never had similar issue what you have, so it's not KTuner issue. Stock FN2 often runs around 13.0 on WOT while AFR.CMD is 12.5. Adjust the MAF scaling to reach your goal. Also 90% of the FN2 have faulty O2 sensor where it can't show richer value than 14 on WOT and does not throwing CEL. I had only one issue where the Lambda sensor itself was 40% off. If your sensor is old, get a new factory Denso.

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”