Issues with Map tuning

Icemanhunt

Issues with Map tuning

Post by Icemanhunt »

Hi, I'm having issues with the VTC and getting the fuel on point using map tuning. The datalog shows me that the cams didnt do what i ask for just before Vtec, but when I use a MAF Tune the problem disappears. My modifications are race header and Injen Cai, could really use some help with this, sorry for my english.

Thanxs.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Map tuning

Post by KTuner »

MAF or MAP for "Fueling" should not matter regarding CAM targets. If you've commanded it in the table at higher loads it should follow unless you have another issue. What are you seeing for CAM Command and what do you have targeted?
Icemanhunt

Post by Icemanhunt »

KTuner wrote:MAF or MAP for "Fueling" should not matter regarding CAM targets. If you've commanded it in the table at higher loads it should follow unless you have another issue. What are you seeing for CAM Command and what do you have targeted?
My target is 45 degrees but the datalog shows 10-12 degrees from 4500 (vtec engagement point) to 5700 and then goes to 45. This is only happening with the MAP tune, with MAF the datalog shows the correct degrees.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Choosing speed density as a starting option only affects fueling. If you've also disabled MAF sensor, try not.

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”