AFR Fluctuation **BUG REPORT**

11wfa5si

AFR Fluctuation **BUG REPORT**

Post by 11wfa5si »

Just wanted to report a bug for this platform that needs to be taken care of.

Description:
While cruising, AFR jumps/fluctuates from 29.4 to 10.1, vice-versa, causing car to hiccup, fluctuation does not stop unless gas is let off.

How to reproduce:
Cruise at steady speed in either 3rd gear or 4th gear (these gears are most apparent), using roughly 13% throttle, at roughly 3000rpm (usually happens between 3000-3500rpm).
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: AFR Fluctuation **BUG REPORT**

Post by KTuner »

Feel free to reach out to support via email with a datalog and specs, but this isn't a product of our tunes, as we don't alter closed loop part throttle fueling.
11wfa5si

Post by 11wfa5si »

Although this happens during part throttle and one would think it would be part throttle fueling related, i doubt it is.

I definitely don't believe my tuner is the issue either. He has extensive experience tuning 8th, 9th, 10th gens at IMW and works directly with you guys.

This issue does not occur every time so it is a bit random to replicate. However the parameters I've listed to replicate the bug are the best conditions.

I don't have a datalog on hand but here is a post/video of the issue from another user with the same condition if you can access it.

https://www.facebook.com/zach.carroll.7 ... 847916248/
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We don't change anything related to the area you're referring to and you're on a custom tune. Send Derek a datalog for review.
11wfa5si

Post by 11wfa5si »

Doesn't make sense when another user, who is not tuned, only installed Ktuner to display data is experiencing this issue as well. Coming from an engineering background, it sounds more like a programming logic bug to me triggering the ECU to loop from rich and lean. I will however, reach out to my tuner and cover all grounds.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If he's on the stock tune no logic in the ECU has been changed. Datalogging is passive.
11wfa5si

Post by 11wfa5si »

He has only done one change, which was to disable rev hang using the overrun throttle compensation.

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”