Welcome!

KTuner
Site Admin

Welcome!

Post by KTuner »

Introduce yourself and your vehicle here! Feel free to start a new thread to ask questions.
jman64cola

Re: Welcome!

Post by jman64cola »

Hi everyone im jason and I have a 08 honda accord coupe ex-l 5 speed manual. My car is a pzev and so far I have done a greddy cat back exhaust and a Sri. Im looking forward to tuning and have plans to go supercharger by the end of next year. My goal is 300hp or more with meth injection, but thats next years plan.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent. A Supercharger will be quite nice!
UsmanShaukat

Post by UsmanShaukat »

Hey I'm Usman. I have a 2011 accord i4 5sp. Live in Vancouver BC. I have a weapon R secret weapon intake , p2R throttle body spacer, Rv6 pre-cat delete and high flow cat, custom magnaflow exhaust, buddy club under drive pulleys, weapon r throttle controller and some cosmetics! I also have a skunk 2 matte black intake manifold and ktuned fuel rail sitting in the box. My goal is a turbocharger in the future and pushing 400+
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I can't wait to see some FI 8th gens. Still hunting for one.
almost158

Post by almost158 »

Hey Guys,

My name is Kyle, I am currently living in San Jose CA but am originally from upstate NY. I have a 2010 honda accord coupe i4 MT, all my previous cars before this were really slow ~100hp so when I bought this car i thought it was great. But eventually i started to feel like our car was lacking too, I pretty much have only done a few performance based mods and minor cosmetic mods. There are many more i would like to have but once I realized the was no tuning at the time I said I would hold off on performance mods. I am only hoping to get in the mid 200's at the end of everything, that would be enough usable power for me i think.

Done so Far: Takeda SRI, P2R TBS, P2R fuel Rail, TBB, polished intake runners, P2R intake manifold gasket, ingalls torque damper.

Other Mods: CT short shifter, torque solutions shifter bushings, P2R steel braided clutch cable, Type R shift nob, HID kit & TSX-R lens swap, battery upgrade

planned: UR lightweight pulleys, RV6 PCD, Megan racing OE-RS exhaust, acura rdx injectors
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Well I'm glad we can help you reach your goals. :)
drowned12

Post by drowned12 »

I'm here. Most people probably already know my name is Alex. I started on DA, came over to M8G a month before the forum closed, then here we are where I watch both the FB group and the DA forum. It's been fun being the KTuner guinea pig. Hours and hours of reflashing and data-logging on my end and probably even more hours on James' end doing the magic in the background. Hopefully the 17 folks that paid in will be very pleased with the end product. "End" should be in quotes because there's always more to do.

Current mods: I have every mod except the IM gasket and a catback exhaust. Pulley, downpipe, testpipe, CAI (still working on version 2), ported injector base.

Future plans: RV6 turbo kit. 3" silent catback exhaust with flanged HFC (having done next week). Maybe a water-meth kit but I think CAI negates the need. Coilovers (Koni FSD) are waiting for cooler weather to get installed (attempt #2). 19" HFP wheels are also in my future because 300+ HP isn't going to be happy with 16" Dunlops. I said I didn't want to put any more money into my car, but I like it too much to not see it become the ultimate sleeper that will walk a V6. Plus, it's RV6 - he doesn't half ass stuff and he has reasonable goals and expectations for his turbo kit.
almost158

Post by almost158 »

Yea I am excited to see the kit from RV6, i said the same thing about putting money into my car. You think the internals will be ok stock? i know scott from salt lake city blew his tsx motor, but he was running crazy boost i think.
drowned12

Post by drowned12 »

If I remember right he leaned out while on the dyno and that's what popped his pistons. I'm not going to be aiming for over 400hp, so the internet seems to agree our engines can take that with stock internals. I sound like a broken record, but I think the tranny will die before the engine will. Fortunately so many people wreck Accords that a tranny with almost no miles on it can be had for $1000.

Return to “08-12 Accord i4 Specific”