Ktuner V2 software not connecting to Unit

Questions about software installation and registration
IronGamerTV

Ktuner V2 software not connecting to Unit

Post by IronGamerTV »

After I update Account and I plug in my unit to the PC, the software will connect for a second then disconnect.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled software a few times with nothing changes. This all started when I first bought and connected the Unit, then after a few weeks of trying it suddenly connected. I used it flawlessly for a few weeks. But then after the software update last month, I haven't been able to connect since.
I sent the Unit to Ktuner to help to fix the problem. But it's still doing the same thing. Not sure if they actually did anything with the unit. I received no notes or any explanation on the work done?
I think Ktuner received the Unit and it worked for them so they just sent it back.

I've tried 3 different PCs with none connecting. All my computers can't be the problem. It's been a nightmare working with this Unit.

I believe it has something to do with my Account or Account email. Maybe it doesn't like it. But, I'm at a loss. I bought another USB cord and nothing changes.

I've contacted support with no help other than ship it back, I did and it's the same situation.

The first time I got it working, I deleted my password and retyped it in. Boom it started working. That doesn't work anymore. Nothing does..
The unit works in my vehicle no problem, it won't connect to software on the PC for me to upload my tunes to the device.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Ktuner V2 software not connecting to Unit

Post by KTuner »

We actually did email you after checking the unit out and there was no response. You actually owe us for shipping. The unit was fully functional on multiple computers. Checked and signed off by all three techs.
IronGamerTV

Post by IronGamerTV »

* I fixed the software and here's how I did it. Open Device Manager scroll down to Ports (COM &LPT)
Expand that line and right click on USB Serial Port (COM3) and Uninstall device.
It will ask if you'd like to uninstall and erase drivers; Choose YES everything.
Restart your PC and Open the Ktuner software again go through the steps as normal
This time once you plug in the Ktuner V2 the PC will install the driver correctly and the software will recognize and connect as it should.

I spent about a month trying just about everything except for the Uninstall and erase Driver from Port 3.
I've uninstalled it multiple times with no success. The key was to erase Driver from the registry
I hope this helps anyone else that comes across this issue with nothing working to get the software to connect to the device.
It still blows my mind to think all my PC's need to have this done for the device to connect as it should.
It has to do with the something not working as intended or else it wouldn't happen on all the PC's.
Happy Tuning Boys n Girls.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent info. Thanks for following up!

Return to “KTuner Software Installation”