Ktuner won't register

Questions about software installation and registration
bloodgroup

Ktuner won't register

Post by bloodgroup »

As shown in this screenshot https://imgur.com/t7Xkq8p I can't access my ktuner and it says "this unit is currently not in our system, contact ktuner support". I've chatted with support in the past with no resolution. Disabled windows defender completely, did a fresh install of windows, date and time are set correctly, tried another laptop (a surface pro 6 and it let me reflash once but never again). Went to the store and bought a brand new laptop. Still didn't work. If anyone has any insight that would be great. Its a V1, had it locked and flashed to my Accord previously, unlocked it and locked it to my Tl but outside of that one time it flashed with the surface pro it has not worked since.
bloodgroup

Re: Ktuner won't register

Post by bloodgroup »

I should also add that I've tried 4 different wifi points in case there was a network firewall blocking it.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The unit worked again to unlock and lock to a new vehicle. That's interesting after everything in your emails.

If you'd like to upgrade the unit we did mention that was an option. You're welcome to go back to email to follow through.
bloodgroup

Post by bloodgroup »

So another update on this, I work at a shop and we have a bunch of company provided Microsoft Surface Pro 6 laptops. I installed and tried Ktuner on the one I have to no avail. I went and installed it on my co-workers surface and lo and behold it works on his for some reason. Both surfaces are identical and are windows install clones due to IT setting up all the surfaces identically. So out of the 4 laptops I've had this issue with (my personal one, the new one I bought just for this issue, one surface and finally the working one) only the one has worked.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That is definitely strange, but at least you have it working on one!

Return to “KTuner Software Installation”