KTuner on Parallels (M1)

Questions about software installation and registration
kencal322

KTuner on Parallels (M1)

Post by kencal322 »

Has anyone had any success running the Ktuner software on their M1 Mac through Parallels (Windows 10)? I did it with my previous Intel Mac. Now it says that Windows doesn't recognize the device when I plug it in. I installed all of the drivers available via the install.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: KTuner on Parallels (M1)

Post by KTuner »

We don't make those drivers. Windows comes with FTDI drivers, which are also available at FTDIChip.com. You can check device manager for the device to see any status information.
kencal322

Post by kencal322 »

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've been trying everything I could and for some reason I can't get it. It should be working but it just doesn't for some reason. I'll update if I have any breakthroughs.
pmcderm29

Post by pmcderm29 »

Were you able to get it working with the M1 Mac?
rtaylor98

Post by rtaylor98 »

I got it working. You need to install the drivers from FTDIChip.com for the ARM64 on the Windows session of Parallels and use the developer settings profile in Parallels. Make sure you allow Parallels to connect the USB device to the VM of Windows.

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

Windows Desktop | ARM
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Good info. Thanks.
markm929

Post by markm929 »

rtaylor98 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:26 am I got it working. You need to install the drivers from FTDIChip.com for the ARM64 on the Windows session of Parallels and use the developer settings profile in Parallels. Make sure you allow Parallels to connect the USB device to the VM of Windows.

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

Windows Desktop | ARM
Could you share what steps you took to do this please? I 've tried repeatedly and it keeps stating that the drivers don't exist for the device.

Thanks,
Mark
markm929

Post by markm929 »

@rtaylor98 Could you provide the steps you went through to get this working, I am still not able to get the drivers installed via parallels.

Thanks,
Mark
Abuser

Post by Abuser »

markm929 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:55 pm @rtaylor98 Could you provide the steps you went through to get this working, I am still not able to get the drivers installed via parallels.

Thanks,
Mark
Download the ARM drivers on the Windows 11 VM (Parallels, etc). Unzip the folder anywhere you’d like. Open device manager. In device manager click the highest option in the tree (typically computer name) and then click action and select add drivers. Now search for the folder you unzipped the drivers too and click next and it should install them. Make sure you keep include sub folders selected AND make sure your Ktuner unit is plugged in.

Pretty simple.

Return to “KTuner Software Installation”