New Tuner will not register.

Questions about software installation and registration
LiquidCarbon

New Tuner will not register.

Post by LiquidCarbon »

When I try to register, I get "Exchange Incomplete. Try Again."

I have tried again several times - same result.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: New Tuner will not register.

Post by KTuner »

Try not putting a space or return in the details.
Waildoggie

Post by Waildoggie »

Having the same problem, "Exchange Incomplete". I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I've turned off the Firewall and my internet connection is High Speed fiber optic. Confirmed I do have connection.
No spaces in the Account Management boxes. It does recognize my KTuner IC board.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You have a space, tab, or return because you likely copy/pasted from an application that added that in.
Waildoggie

Post by Waildoggie »

The Account Management window pops up. I click on the first line and backspace to verify the cursor is at the beginning. Manually type in my email address.
I leave the name blank. Made sure the cursor was at the left end of the line.
Manually entered my password.
at the bottom in green is Ecu board detected.
Still get communicating with the server failed.

Possibly something in my computer is preventing this. I have the firewall off from McAfee. Maybe something in the Windows 11 program or my laptop?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Push the right or down arrow as well. Exchange incomplete means it did connect to the server and either timed out or what I mentioned above. If you're getting the message that it can't contact the server you do have something blocking or you launched the software without internet.
Waildoggie

Post by Waildoggie »

I've made sure I'm connected to the internet at the very beginning of turning on my computer. Proceeded with the download. And I have followed your instructions.
Also, turned off the firewall. Allowed Ktuner website in permissions. Turned off or marked Allow for every option.

I have downloaded the Ktuner software. The desktop icon is present. If I can download the software, doesn't that indicate that I have connected to the server?

Only having a problem with account registration.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No. Downloading is not registering and I've mentioned what causes that error. The whole 5 or 6 times out of tens of thousands have been exactly that every single time.

Return to “KTuner Software Installation”