Another Newbie

Welcome to KTuner. Share a bit about yourself and your vehicle.
Homeboy981

Another Newbie

Post by Homeboy981 »

i may be new to this software but programmed ODBII before using other software.

Plus, I am a Computer Nerd (back before it was popular).

Also into Racing!! Used to do Motocross, then moved to Sport Bike Racing, now I race my Corvette at local tracks.

Why the Honda K-Tuner? Because I totaled out my boring 2008 4 banger (with a lot of help from local ID10T drivers) and got the last of the Honda V-6s.

The story goes....I used to have a Porsche Boxster. The engine blew apart from an IMS bearing issue, known fault. Anyway, I was looking to replace that engine with something comparable and small. I looked at engines and their reliability ratings and saw Honda V6s were solid! Wanted to show-horn in a J35A into a Boxster shell. Found out how to connect transmission, wiring harness, etc. but life got in the way. I purchased a Corvette to "get back" at Porsche for producing such a crappy car! Perfection my a$$! Of course they did not stand behind their cars.

My wife had this 200k+ 2008 Honda Accord that I was using because you cannot drive a Corvette every day! An idiot ran into me in that car and I needed something that we could put tons of miles on and both of us could use if either of our primary cars were not available. Enter the Honda V6....got it and fell in love with how easy it is to get around and it HAD POWER!! Well, as with most things, I wanted to make more power! I added a Cold Air Intake, then an OBX Cat Back exhaust, then got a J-Pipe, then PCDs, then....I need a tuner. Which brings me here.

A crooked road for sure to get here, but glad to arrive.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Another Newbie

Post by KTuner »

The stories of how we arrive are often interesting, but welcome!

The newer generations of Accords are pretty solid platforms. You'll have fun for sure.

Return to “Welcome”