2018 Civic Si - Hello

Welcome to KTuner. Share a bit about yourself and your vehicle.
StayAtWorkDad

2018 Civic Si - Hello

Post by StayAtWorkDad »

This is my first post, saying hello.
Had thought i'd just lurk and hope to find answers, but decided to register.

Bought the kTuner v.2 through TSP with the TSP 1+ tune for PRL race MAF, and just got the CAI and race Maf installed today.

I went driving a few miles, and it feels great. I had drvien on a standard tune for ~500 miles awaiting this shipment of the CAI (the tuner showed up in two days, the CAI did not), and am appreciating the TSP 1+ tune currently.

I have questions that i was hoping to find through searching, but figure i'll throw them in this post anyway... How do i review a data log? is there a tutorial on how to do this? I watched the two videos on the ktuner website, but no help.
I press the button on the unit while plugged into the cars obd, bring it back to my computer, and the logs show up when i click "on board logging" in the app, but i don't know how to make them active or review the data. or how to livestream while driving, or how to use the tuner at all really...

also, anyone with the PRL cobra CAI, when clutching after hard acceleration (WOT or near to it) i now get a strange sound... difficult to describe through text, maybe a "tsskkk" type sound? a bit tinny or metal like, but also possibly air release. Is this normal?

anyway, thanks for having me.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Civic Si - Hello

Post by KTuner »

The tutorial video for the unit in the online help shows how to retrieve on board datalogs and some information on how to play or scrub through.
StayAtWorkDad

Post by StayAtWorkDad »

Thanks for the response.

I haven't taken or had time to confirm this, but it seems that if i click on a session in the " on board logging" dialog, then simply close the dialog window (no need to click reload or download, apparently) it will load that log ... or so that worked last night - some what. The tuning graph was not displaying any information, or allowing me to select what information to show. (any other gauge, table , or graph that i tried was working, so I was able to see the values i wanted)

I know the tune I am using is partially locked (TSP 1+), would that be preventing information from showing in the "tuning graph"?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, you need to hit download in order to download just like the tutorial video shows. Once it downloads it loads the data to the graphs and you can play or scrub through.

Return to “Welcome”