Boosted using a TSX ecu

Kfiero1985

Boosted using a TSX ecu

Post by Kfiero1985 »

Hello, I have a 1985 Fiero with the harness and ecu from a tsx, Jdm k24a, and a rebuilt 6 speed trans. Currently it runs great N/A, but I’m about to install a turbo kit. I see KTuner has a boosted tsx file, but is it safe to run with boost or do you need it tuned? I know I have to change the injector size and such but I’m new to the tuning aspect, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Boosted using a TSX ecu

Post by KTuner »

Anything boosted should be tuned. See the website, as the factory TSX ECU will not work. If it's a K swap you should be starting with the PRB Forced Induction codebase to get the most out of the system.
Kfiero1985

Post by Kfiero1985 »

I already purchased and am using the ktuner ecu for the TSX. I currently have the base map for the TSX in it and it runs great, I was just looking for support for tuning when installing the turbo kit, I got this ecu so I could learn to tune I just don’t want to damage my engine in the process.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We recommend EFI101 or HPAcademy to get acquainted with tuning concepts if you're not familiar. Alternatively there are tuners like Derek at Innovative Motorworks that offer remote tuning services as well.
Kfiero1985

1000cc injectors

Post by Kfiero1985 »

I got these injectors and I’m not sure of the dead times, they didn’t come with them and I’m not 100% sure how to calculate.it says to take a scatter plot with MAP divider AFR on the X axis And injectors on the Y axis to find dead times. So do I goto wideband 02 for afr? I tried just using the preset dead times for the id 1000’s and it’ll start for a second then die. Any help is appreciated.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I've never heard of someone successfully deriving dead times that way. If you are able to get that to work definitely let us know. Beyond getting them from the manufacturer I don't have any suggestions.
Kfiero1985

Post by Kfiero1985 »

I ended up keeping those deadtimes and added some fuel and it runs fine now, I have it running slightly rich but better rich than lean. Once I take it to a tuner I’ll have them double check everything.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent news!
Kfiero1985

Post by Kfiero1985 »

What are all the tools offered for boost? I notice the boost tables where you can correct ignition and fuel, but is there anyway for boost by gear? I was going to get an electronic boost control solenoid but I’m not sure if the ecu can handle it. I have it tuned and running with a turbo now, runs and drives great, just looking for other tools to use with the TSX based ecu.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The ECU does not control boost, so boost by gear isn't possible.

Return to “04-06 TSX / Euro CL9 Specific”