IGN Retard

misterc

IGN Retard

Post by misterc »

Hi,

I'm wondering what else factors into the ECU pulling ignition. I've zeroed all the negative values in the knock limit tables but my logs show that the ECU is still pulling timing and I don't know why. Any feedback is very much appreciated.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: IGN Retard

Post by KTuner »

If you are trying to eliminate the knock ignition limit tables from making adjustments to timing the limit maps need to be set to 60, or higher than the ignition table values. Note when doing this you will be running the ignition map values directly and you'll be running much more advanced. Make sure to adjust the ignition maps appropriately.
misterc

Post by misterc »

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try!

One more question, I'm seeing some knock at very low load around 2000-2500rpm. I've pulled timing and it is still present. Do you think I need to be very worried or do you think it's phantom noise. The car has race header and full exhaust so it is a little noisy.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It could very well be phantom if you're not seeing count shoot up a lot and aren't throwing misfire codes. You can also adjust the sensitivity table in that area.

Return to “04-06 TSX / Euro CL9 Specific”