04 K24a2 (TSX) into '01 Insight

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 04 K24a2 (TSX) into '01 Insight

Post by KTuner »

In order to utilize DBW a DBW with compatible DBW components would need to be present and wired in properly.
MakitaDiesel

Post by MakitaDiesel »

You're welcome, Tekcajwolley. All aboard the unorthodox Kswap strugglebus. From my own research before I decided on cable throttle, the DBW system uses the factory ECU, TSX (or 06-07 Accord probably) pedal, throttle cable, DBW module that resides near the passenger side firewall of the engine bay, associated wiring, and the relay that is behind the glovebox. RyantheGreat1 has actually done the complete TSX swap in his Insight, DBW and all. Some info is over at Honda-tech.com under the thread K20/K24 Insights. Let me know how it goes, I'm on Insightcentral.net and the K swapped Insight FB page as well. Spread the knowledge.

Mak
MakitaDiesel

Post by MakitaDiesel »

Has it really been a year since my last post? My progress has been slow, getting closer to first fire!

My question concerns the initial basemap for the TSX. I'm running cable Accord TB. My setup is near identical to the basemap labeled 50* VTC tuned by Turbogixxxertuning but I don't see how to replace the "DBW maps" with "TPS calibrations" found in the Accord map under Main Parameters. What's the easiest method to either add cable TB to the TSX map or copy/paste ALL input from the TSX file into the Accord file to gain cable TB with TSX engine maps?

'04 K24a2 (TSX) + '03-05 Accord cable TB on stock RBB manifold
'06 Accord manual trans
RSX Auto ECU with End User Board
50* VTC
K-Tuned SS Budget Header/ 2.5-3" exhaust (TBD)
Aftermarket Intake

Thanks,

Mak
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The 05-06 RSX Type-S section is for Cable/Swap.
MakitaDiesel

Post by MakitaDiesel »

Thanks, I found a similar swap tune like you said. It's 25* VTC instead of 50* but I can copy those tables over. It says "...for PRB ECU". Does it matter I actually have a PND auto or are all End User boards compatible with all included tunes?

Mak
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That ECU is outlined right on the swap page as usable.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”