Oil Pressure sensor and others

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
82dewey

Oil Pressure sensor and others

Post by 82dewey »

Hello all,

so we have this race car that we have built and have the ktuner kit. Got things from someone and a tucked harness. Now mind you, we dont need everything connected like street cars. but the tucked harness has not been cut or anything. Now we are starting to wonder if any of or issue could be caused by a sensor or lack of. He has put in all that he knows needed to be on. But 1 i am wondering about is the oil pressure sensor. Most are used just for the oil light if the lvl is low or low oil pressure. But seems we dont have a dash to tell us much, it wont show there. Now i dont see anything inside the software showing anything for this. SO i am wondering if the sensor is really needed for the ktuner stuff to work? With this being a race car, we have a gauge going from where this would be to the drivers area.

Does anyone know what for sure can be disconnected for sensors that the ecm dont need to be reading?

We are having some issues and cant seem to get the software to tell us what is going on. the MIL light is coming on but as soon as i connect the computer to see what is up, nothing is there and wont let us know. So we are trying to eliminate possibilities.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Oil Pressure sensor and others

Post by KTuner »

There is no oil pressure sensor used by the ECU. You can see that in the pinouts. "05-06 RSX Pinouts" online.

Don't key off or simply stay connected before you check codes.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

Thank you for that on the Oil pressure sensor.

As for the codes, i try, but by the time i get back to the pit stall, i cant ever remember to not flip the toggle switch to shut it off. Need to try to remember that. But the next test date wont be till Thursday or the thursday after that. It wont act up just driving around my shop area. and space is limited so its not like i am able to make it think we are at the track. But will try and then report back.

Thanks again.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Once you do pull a code that'll give you insight on what to look for!
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

so we did replace a couple of things just in case. now the car is off the ground. so we ran it like we would on the track but no resistance because its off the ground. But did like we would on track. Nothing came up. So now we have to wait till next week Thursday to go and practice and see if everything is working. I made sure to tell my crew to not let me flip the toggle switch off.

Thank again
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Hope everything goes smoothly!
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

well, we found they were going to have a practice day. went and had same issues. we now have the code causing our issue. p2646. Solenoid switch. Even though the unit is new. So we need to see why its tripping it. even with 60lbs of oil pressure. But i know its a different area then where my gauge is, still need to see. screen is clean. going to find the 2nd screen and make sure thats good.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If it's a solenoid code you can play with that via the output settings just to see if the output and solenoid are working. If it's a pressure switch issue and that's not something you need there are related options for it.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

the pressure switch is the VTP correct? That stays lit at all times when we are running. Im looking through the data log right now and watching when it acts up. If its losing pressure, then that light should blink or go off correct?
Last edited by 82dewey on Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

VTP (VTEC Pressure). The state should switch when VTEC is activated if there's pressure at the sensor and everything is wired properly.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”