Kswapped Integra

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
82dewey

Kswapped Integra

Post by 82dewey »

Hello everyone. I have done some looking and have learned a lot but still not fully sure about some things. My brother in-law are new to the K Series stuff as we are use to the B Series stuff. And lots of have changed. Tuning is new to us also as the B Series stuff was burned onto a chip.
Another thing, These are stripped down as much as we can. No chassis harness, no cluster, nothing that is not needed. or so we think and hope. This is a circle track race car. Cluster and all the extra stuff is not needed.
I have emailed Kturner and thank you for the help. But i know they are only able to go so far as they cant say some things. I get it and understand it. Not mad or anything.
So this is what we have. K motor, Kturner ECU that we picked up from someone. 02-04 RSX harness that has been changed to 05-06(or so they say). 02-04 RSX 6 Speed trans. We will also be changing the transmission out to different ones as we need them for different tracks that we will be going to. So yes, multiple transmissions. including the 05-06 type of trans.
So our problem seems to be, after a lap or so, the car goes into limp mode and will not rev past 6500ish maybe and no vtech. The car was on the dyno and had no issues at all and would go into vtech and do everything we wanted. Now i have seen about the tune needs to be changed to not be live update and then reuploaded. we did not know this and has caused some of our issue. now that we know this, we will fix this issue. now when we were at the track 2 weeks ago, we noticed that the vss would start reading 158MPH. (yes the 02-04 trans was selected.) and once it did that for a second lap, it would go into limp mode. But only after it reads that. we thought we had the vss tuned correctly at the dyno and had it reading correctly. we have even reuploaded the tune to the system and cant seem to get it to read correctly. The car would also start running rough and not fully like it did on the dyno.
So the question for that part, is that all because we did not have the real time tuning disabled?
now the next question. because we dont use a cluster, are we going to have issues with the vss on the 02-04 trans not fully reading? if we change the trans to the 05-06 trans, do we just uncheck the box in speedo cal and things will read correctly? or because the way the pinouts are, will we have to have some sort of conversion deal going to go back and forth? this will be the biggest issue once we get the above taken care of. and always having to change trans till the gear kit comes.
i know Ktuner person can only help so much and that is why i figure i would put the question out here to see if anyone can give us some in site. Thank you
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Kswapped Integra

Post by KTuner »

I gave advice on the VSS signal in email. If you change to 05-06 you do need to uncheck the 02-04 box.

There is a clear warning below the feature not to leave real-time enabled.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

yes i know and we did not know that at the time. and that will be taken care of. So now that part of confirmed and hope we will be good on that part.
i was also asking because what i have now seen from many post is that the vss goes directly to the cluster for some models. we dont have a cluster. and we are getting signal from the vss. we just dont know if the ecu is seeing things correctly. so i was not sure if we needed to repin or jump a wire from a spot to another or not and if so, what and where. and if we are going to be using multiple transmissions, not sure if we need to do something out of the norm or if its just checking and unchecking the box.
I really dont think there is an issue with the ecu or with the ktuner part.
so i was hoping that someone would have some info on that part. and seems it deal with Ktuner, i was hoping this would be a good area to ask
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The signal on the 02-04 goes to the cluster and ECU so that shouldn't be your issue, but you can always check the RSX schematic to see if your circuit is complete.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

Thank you. did not k now it split off like that.
82dewey

Post by 82dewey »

Again, thank you for the help. Email and through this.
I made those adjustments on the tune and made sure it was set to disable live update and now seems to run good. Qont die at idle no more, is reading the vss. 2nd gear at 4000 about 35ish mph.
Wont be able to do full test till we can get to the track in a couple of months. So hope it stays good. I will start a new thread for another question i have. Thanks again.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That's excellent news!

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”