K20 Turbo Em2 random misfire at idle

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
wiaterek_em2

K20 Turbo Em2 random misfire at idle

Post by wiaterek_em2 »

Hi guys, I need some help,

I've run into issue after finishing my 05 K20 em2 turbo build. Engine is misfiring badly at idle and low throttle. On first startup misfire was only shown on cylinder#2, so I've swapped plugs and coils around, but nothing changed. When I swapped injector#2 to cylinder#1, misfire occured on cylinder#1. I thought that 1 injector is bad, so I bought another 4 of them, so I have some extra in future. After changing to new set of injectors engine was misfiring randomly on all cylinders. Next fixed an exhaust leak on vband, changed the sparkplugs, added ground to the engine, but nothing changed.
Week before changing injectors, fuel pump and uploading k20 boost support basemap, car was running smoothly on stock injectors and previous tune.
For pure satisfaction, I wanted to sort of tune the car myself, just to drive it to the tuner 15 miles away from me.
I couldn't find anything similiar to my problem on Google. So, here are my questions: Is this soft related or rather mechanical issue? Should I just take the car on a trailor to the tuner and let him do his job?
I can send KTuner datalogs and tunes via mail.

Stock unopened K20A2
Gt3076
Injectors 1000cc
Fuel pump: Walbro 255
Fuel pressure ~3.5bar at idle
Sparkplugs: NGK 2669
4 bar MAP sensor
No vacuum leaks

Thanks in advance
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K20 Turbo Em2 random misfire at idle

Post by KTuner »

It's not possible to diagnose that over the internet, but just from what you've said injectors sound like the issue. How you set them up may play a role in that. i.e. battery offset tables.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”